306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: OLD Peugeot Barn Find.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A mate called me over to look at a barn find Peugeot earlier. Was nothing I am familiar with,suicide doors and looked like it was crying out to be saved or Hot Rodded.
Apology's for the poor photos but we couldn't move it,light was fading and I only had my phone.
There are no badges so I don't know what model it is,only realised it was Peugeot by the lion on the steering wheel.

[Image: Photo0255.jpg]

[Image: Photo0256.jpg]

[Image: Photo0257.jpg]

[Image: Photo0258.jpg]

Its well solid with a bit of surface rust but the metal is really thick,couldn't poke about too much before light went.Been there 30-40 years apparently.
What do we think it is,and what do we think it's worth?
Looks like a 204, 1.3 straight 4, 42-49hp (stole from wiki) Smile
wont need tax or mot Wink
its a classic

Vehicles manufactured or registered before 1st January 1960 are MOT exempt Wink
(11-02-2014, 08:12 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]wont need tax or mot Wink
its a classic

But still need to be in a roadworthy condition
(11-02-2014, 08:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2014, 08:12 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]wont need tax or mot Wink
its a classic

But still need to be in a roadworthy condition

would only need to go and stop for that Wink
and it was regerstered in Derbyshire - 1923
Keep!!!!
Looks awesome!

But needs xud n clones and a 40mm drop
(11-02-2014, 08:19 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]and it was regerstered in Derbyshire - 1923

That is not a 1920's car?

It is however very cool!
That is awesome! Defo save it
(11-02-2014, 09:05 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2014, 08:19 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]and it was regerstered in Derbyshire - 1923

It is however very cool!

It is. Cully had one when they were first released.
(11-02-2014, 09:05 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]

It is however very cool!

il elaberate where i got the 1923 from
the R on the plate denotes regestered in Derbyshire, derdishire started regestering cars from 1923 my bad sorry
that was a copy and paste error oops

the car is a Peugeot 203 which were in production from 1948 and 1960
i believe the car in the picture to be later than 1953 due to the lack of exposed fuel filler on the rear quater later modles had a cover hatch
offer it to dum dum or the liam!
Nah too old for me, needs saving though!
Tried the reg. and peugeot as the make and the DVLA don't have anything on that. Not especially surprised though.
A museum might even be interested.
(12-02-2014, 10:27 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the reg. and peugeot as the make and the DVLA don't have anything on that. Not especially surprised though.
A museum might even be interested.

a reg search comes up as

Quote:Your vehicle (registration RNM203) has been identified as a * OTHER BRITISH MAKES PETROL SALOON (OTHER).
Ah that'll be why then.
That is freaking awesome! I want it Big Grin
Get it mate you've got nothing to loss

Did he give you a 'ball park figure' of what he wanted?
Somebody else has already offered £500 for it. Don't really think I want to pay any more than that for it. It is proper cool, pop out indicators and other quirky stuff, room for a V8 under the bonnet as well but I don't have the time it needs lavishing on it or anywhere to keep it.
This other chap is going to save it so I think I'll leave it to him. Really wish I could have got it for scrap money though, would have found somewhere to keep it then, but I suppose you can't have 'em all can you.
Nice find. Looks tidy enough for the age. At least its been kept undercover. Cars outside are ruined Sad
There was a very early Mini and a Riley Elf that were outside. Absolutely ruined.