306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tuning Wizard Remap Chip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it worth going for this? Cant find anyone I know who has a laptop with Windows XP

http://www.tuningwizard.co.uk/index.php?...ts_id=1277
Dont bother, just get it remapped by a reputable source.
Is this not just an adjustable resistor? I assume you mean the xp laptop for the kwp/galletto , I think the galletto works on 7 and there's another tool about now called mpps(?) Which works on 7 too
Yeah the XP Laptop for my KWP, doesn't work with my windows 7 and I cant find anyone who has XP that I know
If you have windows 7 ultimate ir professional u can get windows xp mode
(07-02-2014, 10:06 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]If you have windows 7 ultimate ir professional u can get windows xp mode

Got the home version, I've tried to download windows xp mode already and it didn't work, found out after it didn't work only pro or ultimate would work as you said
Get the mpps lead it works with windows 7, its going to be my next purchase as it works with a lot of other cars too.
As said before, my Galletto even works on Win8.....you guys are doing something wrong. Tongue
My galletto wouldnt work on windows 7. If you want to work out how to get the drivers to worl feel free to tell me.
Pfft, I know nothing about computers lol.... So it must be something simple!
You better send me your gallettos then so I can check they work on 7 and 8 Tongue
Jesus christ... when will people stop asking and buying stupid chips!
I still run XP here as there are oodles of older tools that will only work with it.

I'd recommend MPPS too simply because it's new and so works on new OS.

It also does EDC15C2 perfectly, and I think the software you'd be using with cloned versions will even do a checksum check for you which is always handy...

Dave
Dave
Any idea if the mpps will work with mems3 ?

Steve
(07-02-2014, 09:36 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it worth going for this? Cant find anyone I know who has a laptop with Windows XP

http://www.tuningwizard.co.uk/index.php?...ts_id=1277

No, they are crap. You will lose MPG, blow out smoke and fail the MOT. Get a remap instead.
Edited your post for you Kevin, the caps were not necessary, and neither was the obscenely large font. Express your opinion by all means, but please do it sensibly.