306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aux tensioner or shorter belt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fitted a brand new Dayco aux tensioner back in June, now when I originally fitted the belt it wasn't tensioned up properly so i tightened it recently and the tensioner still knocked like mad. Now I have just fitted a new belt and it's still knocking like mad..

Thinking maybe the old belt being too slack has ruined the spring tensioner inside it because it would have been bouncing about a lot, or maybe I could try a slightly shorter belt? Currently running a 1750 belt with standard AC setup.
the spring loaded tensioner is just one of the tensioners, the othe idler has an offset bearing in it, which you can turn to put more tension on the belt to stop the spring loaded tensioner knocking on its back stop Wink
Yeah I know that's at the tightest point.
I'm going to try a slightly shorter belt, maybe a 1745. I am running a 307 crank pulley which I think is 4mm smaller so i'm going to see if that helps, if not I will have to buy another auto tensioner..