306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Disc change on hdi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Is there any special tools required to change the discs n pads on a hdi? Going to have a crack later it's just il be using someone's driveway & I'd like an idea on what tools to take with me cheers fellas
Some kind of big grips to push the piston back, copper grease, breaker bar, wheel socket, selection of screwdrivers, socket set, wire brush... Probably more but thats all i can thing of for now.
Impact driver for the little torx screws holding the disc onto the hub flange (and the hammer for it).
13mm, 14mm, 19mm, t30 torx, mole grips, pipe grips (to release handbrake cable), t-bar, ratchet, couple of extensions, wire brush, copper slip (ears and back of pads), moly grease (sliders), flat-bladed screwdriver (to clean pad slides and wind back rear pistons)... Think thats it.
Thanks a lot guys trust my luck it's started to rain!! Good job I've got an impact driver 'cos I know them bolts can be a b*stard!!
A blow torch on the area sometimes helps I've found.

Are you doing the rears and fronts?
Yes doing the front and rears bud
big flat bit of steal to wind back the piston for the rear
I used a thick chisel to wind in rear brakes worked a treat. The bolts that hold the disc on, I think I counted three that weren't sheered off lol getting the rear pads back in was a pain but had a lot worse! Done all 4 in the pooring rain, got a mate to hold a big brolly over me in return for tea. Can't be bad thanks again for info guys much appreciated