306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Needed a little run around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Needed a little run around to get me back and to from work. Went looking and came back with a 6th gen Celica 2.0GT
Here it is.

[Image: IMG_5024.jpg]

It needed a thermostat which I did the next and along with a oil and filter change.
Not got any plans for this...... Yet
Just a little 2.0 litre run around! Not like petrol prices are high!

Looks nice though.
As above. Bloody brilliant run around.
Run around eh? lmao I would do the same!
It'll give your wallet the runaround... Tongue

Looks nice though mate, wouldn't mind one of those. And tbf cars like this can still do 30-35mpg when driven carefully. How did the missus take it..? Confusednigger:
:: Blade :: got one of these.. already broken it twice and having to put its 2nd clutch in..
The missus told me not to buy it. But she likes it and is insured too. As for fuel its will do around 30ish MPG I got 32.2 from the last tank so its no worse than a 6. Still it will be for sale soon as we can't find any kids seats to fit it.
must. resist.
Haha, that's a pity, hopefully you can make a profit on her though.
Not bad. I always think they need something done to the front bumper
Haha, exactly the same model/engine/etc as one I got couple of weeks back.

Sold mine on for a little profit as needed too much doing.

But yeah, defiantly nicer to drive then the pug.
Seen a nice clean GT4 interior that's asking to be put in.
Also am on my 3rd plate now.

[Image: IMAG0097.jpg]
Hmm to buy or not to buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130654618562?s...1423.l2649

Also fancy these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120863965264?s...1423.l2649 But am not yet sure if they will fit a 6th gen.

I knew I would not be able to help myself on making this look better. Need a airbox too as mine has silly drill holes in it.
Stop spending money on it, you're meant to be getting rid! Tongue
Yes I know it needs a 40mm drop and cyclones
[Image: IMG_5072.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5060.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5286.jpg]
Love this gen! Good choice mate!
Well the car is doing my well and am getting around 32mpg too
Not bad at all! Got to be worth keeping at that rate... ninja
Poodle Wrote:Not bad at all! Got to be worth keeping at that rate... ninja

When you do some maths its around 6p more a mile and that's with Vpower I just wish I could get some kids car seats that fit.
Am selling this now as I have a car to run on veg Smile
Pity, gotta be worth it though lol.
mooey65 Wrote:Am selling this now as I have a car to run on veg Smile
oooh sweet! still a 306?
Poodle Wrote:Pity, gotta be worth it though lol.

Its staying now Confusedhifty:

4WayDiablo Wrote:
mooey65 Wrote:Am selling this now as I have a car to run on veg Smile
oooh sweet! still a 306?

I wish it was a 306. Its a 1992 Passat. But Iv given up on it and iv gave it to two of my younger bothers shame iv filled it up with veg too.

So now the celica is staying I just need to get some brakes sorted out I need a bit of help there's to many to chose from am thinking breambo discs and mintex pads.

also here is some new photos for you.

[Image: IMG_6357.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6421.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6344.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6406.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6300.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6307.jpg]

Thanks for looking
Not updated this as it was for sale then not for sale then for sale but not its a project oops

Update then

Fitted a standard air box and wrapped the manifold. Iv also replaced the rear drop links and anti roll bar bushes, But Iv still got a knock coming from the car I don't no if its front or rear.

My wallet taken a beating new brakes have been ordered and road tax has been paid.

Things I still need to sort out are.

1. The exhaust it looks ready to fall off.
2. Am in need of cv joints as am not sure how long the boots have been split.
3. New tyres as these ones are utter crap. Cheap tyres should be banned infinity can blow me off. Am binning 4 tyres with 6mm + on them.
4. Sort out these alloys there a mess.
5. Replace the cracked rear light.

[Image: IMAG0305.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0309.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0316.jpg]

Iv also bought a import that has been off the road for a few years that has a full custom exhaust and a few other bits I need

[Image: IMAG0278.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0276.jpg]
"need"? lol

Love it dude, don't know how you get away with this, but i clearly have a lot to learn from you!
Poodle Wrote:"need"? lol

Love it dude, don't know how you get away with this, but i clearly have a lot to learn from you!

I don't know what you mean whistle
still not a 306 though...
SRowell Wrote:still not a 306 though...

Bloody hell Sam

If I get the wife a 306 and use it now and then will that make you feel any better.
mooey65 Wrote:
SRowell Wrote:still not a 306 though...

Bloody hell Sam

If I get the wife a 306 and use it now and then will that make you feel any better.

very much so :dance: haha
Update fitted the new discs and pads stopping it lovely. New front drop links fitted and its stopped the pulling and tram-lining which makes driving so much nicer as I do not need to have a war with the steering wheel.

Iv got the exhaust off the other car what a pig to do. Ended up cutting it apart
Iv fitted it and and it sound lovely not to loud well until (Shift down pop pop pop pop) Big Grin
My car had no front grill and am not a fan of mesh so I had a go and put one on from a 306 we are breaking. (It will do the job for now)
Also changed a few bits of trim from the import.
[Image: IMAG0437.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0438.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0441.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0451.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0448.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0452.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0449.jpg]

Fitted some hid's I know I got of you don't like them but its done and the beam patten is spot on. I only went for 35w 4300k so not to blue.

I was looking for a graffiti artist to do the underside of my bonnet but am having no luck so am going with stickers.

Oh and today I fitted my rear strut bar (What a difference its made) Big Grin

Iv painted the brake calipers engine block red so that a extra 25hp and iv under sealed the rear end of the car with tetroseal to start cleaning it up its awful underneath.

[Image: IMAG0476.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0478.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0425-1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2