306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: is this cooler big enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is the cooler I've got for my hdi but the core size is only 260x260x70. I will be using 2" pipework too. Big enough for stage 2?

[attachment=13103]
Most people use 2.25 inch pipework. The intercooler is towards the small size of what people normally fit but I would have thought you would be fine with that. It should be easier to fit anyway!
That's what I was thinking, small cooler, small pipework should be easier fitted. But would go bigger if I thought it would be an issue
I would go bigger as realistically with the grille & bumper standard still there that will hardly get much airflow through it.

I would be inclined to go bigger tbh bud. Although it would do for the meantime and could be replaced if it became a problem with just a longer twin pass.
You may be right mate, I will keep an eye out for other ones in the mean time
Yep, big enough.

(well, assuming you mean for a stage 2 hdi)
That's ideal, bigger won't make much more power, if any, it'll just add more lag. 2" pipework is plenty big enough for stage 2 as well.
Cheers guys il plumb it in and see how it goes? Anyone have a link to what nipples I need for my boost gauge?
get a brake bleed nipple off an old caliper, would do the job grand Smile
Cheers dude. The inlet elbow I have also has the egr port chopped off and welded so I will need to find a way to block the egr pipe. Will need a few blanking plates and some kind of end piece to bolt on
Get the recirc valve tore off it and a plate on the exhaust manifold, if your inlet is welded make sure its air tight and your winning, just get it mapped out in your map.
Thatl be awkward with the engine still in the car though
Engine off the mount and pull it forward with something and ull be sorted