306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: A troll to laugh at
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...FVTS&mid=0

Was looking for some info on Saxo VTRs, came across this "mrconfused" lad, arguing that the less powerful VTR is obviously the better car compared to the VTS lol

Listen to da man, he has a superbike boy.
(26-01-2014, 10:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...FVTS&mid=0

Was looking for some info on Saxo VTRs, came across this "mrconfused" lad, arguing that the less powerful VTR is obviously the better car compared to the VTS lol

Listen to da man, he has a superbike boy.

Reminds me of a certain someone who thinks his "standard" VTR goes from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Hes a right idiot.
lol the 106 forum was full of them that thought their 106s were the quickest cars around. I remember one thread where a guy thought his cammed quicksilver kept up with his mates M3 until 110mph.
It makes me laugh. I mean I'm considering a VTR because I've been offered a MINT one cheap, and because having driven them I know they're good fun with 100bhp in a 930kg car, but the VTS has more power and is therefore more fun. A VTR goes well and is nippy but not out and out fast like my 106 GTI. God I regret selling that...
Is the 106gti comparable to the vtr or vts?
(26-01-2014, 11:15 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Is the 106gti comparable to the vtr or vts?

Its identical to the VTS. Just looks are different and thats it.
(26-01-2014, 11:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-01-2014, 11:15 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Is the 106gti comparable to the vtr or vts?

Its identical to the VTS. Just looks are different and thats it.

Yep knew they were the same and parts were swappable. Just wondered whether it was the r or the s that was the same performance. Cheers Niall.
The gti is identical to the vts same engine different badge on rocker cover and a saxo is around £500 cheaper than the equivalent 106
My bro in law has a vts.. Very impressed with it, little pocket rocket!
Good little cars. The VTR is decent as well, it has the 106 S2 Rallye engine so 0-60 in 9.1, not fast but enough to be fun. I'd go for a VTS or a 106 GTI if I was picking but a VTR has come in as part exchange at my mates dealership, totally standard, full Citroën history, 1 lady owner who traded it against a 208 GTi, 44k and apparently it's immaculate, he says I can have it for the £750 he gave for it.
That sounds like a good price Liam. They do really seem to be holding their value (well what they have left anyway!)
I've never had a car with anywhere near that mileage! It's no definite though, I'm still talking to James about buying his XM...
I think the VTS has slightly different gear ratios to the 106 gti as well if I'm not mistaken?
Other than that, they are based off of the same platform and share common parts for everything but panels, trim and badges really.
that made me laugh, liam! I love threads like that, when people bull shit on like that.
what you want to do tho liam, if you get your hands on it, is gut it for the running gear etc, and drop the full works into a AX.
(27-01-2014, 11:44 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]I think the VTS has slightly different gear ratios to the 106 gti as well if I'm not mistaken?
Other than that, they are based off of the same platform and share common parts for everything but panels, trim and badges really.

It does mate, longer ratios.

(27-01-2014, 04:34 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]that made me laugh, liam! I love threads like that, when people bull shit on like that.
what you want to do tho liam, if you get your hands on it, is gut it for the running gear etc, and drop the full works into a AX.

Nah, can't be arsed anymore! If I was gonna convert an AX I'd build another VTS, loved my old one.
(27-01-2014, 04:40 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014, 11:44 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]I think the VTS has slightly different gear ratios to the 106 gti as well if I'm not mistaken?

(27-01-2014, 04:34 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]that made me laugh, liam! I love threads like that, when people bull shit on like that.

Nah, can't be arsed anymore! If I was gonna convert an AX I'd build another VTS, loved my old one.

a sorry I thought you were meaning the VTS not the VTR,

NEIN NEIN NEIN!

106 GTi and VTS gearboxes are EXACTLY the same. This has been covered 1000000000000 times. Rofl

If you're gonna use the "0-60 listed times are different argument"
Citroen did it with a driver only, car empty and half tank of fuel.
Peugeot, driver and passenger and full tank. That's what adds the extra second.
what do you mean NEIN NEIN NEIN Tongue dropping a VTS lump in an AX is a must!
(27-01-2014, 05:51 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean NEIN NEIN NEIN Tongue dropping a VTS lump in an AX is a must!

I was responding to the MA gearbox noob (Liam) Wink

Also, just to add.

1.4 quikky, 1.5D and VTR gearboxes are all the same ratios too, except the VTR has a slightly shorter first, and longer second. 3, 4 and 5th are shared though.

Big Grin
They used the same box on a diesel as they did the VTR, including final drive?!

Christ, no wonder the VTR felt so long geared for what was billed as a warm/hot hatch... Undecided
(27-01-2014, 06:01 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: [ -> ]They used the same box on a diesel as they did the VTR, including final drive?!

Christ, no wonder the VTR felt so long geared for what was billed as a warm/hot hatch... Undecided

Aye, same FD (0.767 5th gear and 3.765FD from memory). Make it really good on fuel though since it's doing lower revs on a cruise Tongue
(27-01-2014, 05:56 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014, 05:51 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean NEIN NEIN NEIN Tongue dropping a VTS lump in an AX is a must!

I was responding to the MA gearbox noob (Liam) Wink

Also, just to add.

1.4 quikky, 1.5D and VTR gearboxes are all the same ratios too, except the VTR has a slightly shorter first, and longer second. 3, 4 and 5th are shared though.

Big Grin

good, as I was going to say, go and put the kettle on. Tongue
(27-01-2014, 05:49 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]

NEIN NEIN NEIN!

106 GTi and VTS gearboxes are EXACTLY the same. This has been covered 1000000000000 times. Rofl

If you're gonna use the "0-60 listed times are different argument"
Citroen did it with a driver only, car empty and half tank of fuel.
Peugeot, driver and passenger and full tank. That's what adds the extra second.

Actually, I didn't read that properly. I thought he meant VTR - VTS/GTi.

Congratulations, you win the gearbox knowledge category.
(27-01-2014, 06:42 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I didn't read that properly. I thought he meant VTR - VTS/GTi.

Don't try and hide it now, it's too late. u dun goofed

When should I expect my trophy in the post?
(27-01-2014, 06:47 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014, 06:42 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I didn't read that properly. I thought he meant VTR - VTS/GTi.

If by trophy you mean dog turd, tomorrow lol
(27-01-2014, 06:50 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014, 06:47 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]

If by trophy you mean dog turd, tomorrow lol

give him a custom title for his trouble liam