306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: mk4 astra saab.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all I no this is a long shot putting this on here but dont no if any of you would be interested in my mk4 astra sri that I converted to a saab b204 it's a 2.0ltr turbo currently running stage 3 lots of goodies. Still got mot but no tax currently sorn. I wanted £1800 for it no offers pm me if interested and would like to know anymore about it thanks.
When I saw the title I was thinking of the Alfa-Saab from top gear.... lol
My mate had a 9000 with the B204 and then he put it in a mk2 Cavalier, in both bodies it was just insanely quick, especially in gear. Never known a car so good at overtaking, although 380bhp in under a tonne of Vauxhall was always gonna pull well! You should expand on the spec a bit, people might not realise what the B204 is capable of, 500bhp+ is achieveable...
Don't tell me things like this Liam Ffs!
As much as I don't particularly like vauxhalls, the astra's have always been appealing.. and the cavs.
Well it is currently stage 3 like I say full custom 3" turbo back exhaust with sports cat, Big Fmic, gsi brakes, tdo4hl 15t turbo upgrade, solid engine forge as standard massive power capabilities currently running about 280bhp. Really wanted to go stage 4 and 3 bar map sensor but things have changed. Hence ive got the pug now Smile honestly a fantastic and fun car. Ive built it with alot of help from my dad. One of the first mk4s converted. Needs a good home really or I will end up some how turning it into a track car.

Will get a couple of pics of engine tomorrow if people would like to see.
Yes! Think my mates was stage 4, there's a big step up there for not much more money, although it had issues with killing gearboxes lol
So much want!!
I've seen a b204 pull 290 on standard turbo so I'd say yours is a bit more tbh..

Engines can handle 500 ish on standard internals as well as said
Well I dont like to guess as its not been on the dyno. Well these will easy take 650 standard block not much tuning involved.

(23-01-2014, 09:46 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Think my mates was stage 4, there's a big step up there for not much more money, although it had issues with killing gearboxes lol

Mine has the f23 5 speed from the astra gsi been absolutely fine.
I think my mate used an F16 from an Astra GTE, wasn't quite up to nearly 400bhp lol
Bloody hell yeh not surprised I know people use f20 gearbox and blow then easy just because the saab engine runs so much torque fantastic engine though would recommend to anyone. Maybe next project put one in a 306 somehow Smile
Should be possible, there was a guy who put a red top in a 306 so a B204 should be much harder, they bolt to the same box after all...
I had an astra a couple of years ago, major soft spot.. And being a qualified mechanic i know what the saab lump is capable of. GLWS
Bargain for that price, as said lot of work gone into this. Goes very well! looked EPIC on the Landy wheels!
Stop with the off topic and someone buy it! Tongue

GLWTS mate!