306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: I might get banned for saying this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But what the hell Big Grin

Why is it that this site open up easier and generally works quicker and easier than pug.net, i've allways wondered, .net allways takes ages to load ect ect...anyone know
A variety of reasons, but namely different (and lighter) software, plus a few optimisations we've done to speed things up for people Smile
becauseraceforum
Why we're moaning about the dark side, why do the form pages back to front last page is the start soooooo annoying Undecided
(17-01-2014, 04:02 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]Why we're moaning about the dark side, why do the form pages back to front last page is the start soooooo annoying Undecided

Sense this makes none.
(17-01-2014, 04:51 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2014, 04:02 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]Why we're moaning about the dark side, why do the form pages back to front last page is the start soooooo annoying Undecided

Sense this makes none.

Good, wasn't just me then. lol Thought i was just being a bit dense. Big Grin

Also, i love the fact that Scott was first to reply to this thread, and summed it up beautifully. Bravo sir. ThumbsUp
(17-01-2014, 04:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i love the fact that Scott was first to reply to this thread, and summed it up beautifully. Bravo sir. ThumbsUp

Head, extract from arse! Wink

.net was terrible before because the original owner was just raping the club of all the money instead of investing it into better hosting (mind you, all these forums seem to be going this way Sad ) where as from the start, this one was spec'd correctly. Now that Paul runs .net, I wouldn't be surprised if he changed that soon.
This forum is just nice to use, its got all the 306 info we need and its got some really experienced members willing to help. Thats what makes it brilliant.

Think its just you Chris, the pages run the correct way for me... Might be able to change it in your user CP?
(17-01-2014, 04:57 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2014, 04:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i love the fact that Scott was first to reply to this thread, and summed it up beautifully. Bravo sir. ThumbsUp

Head, extract from arse! Wink

lmao
(17-01-2014, 05:02 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]This forum is just nice to use, its got all the 306 info we need and its got some really experienced members willing to help. Thats what makes it brilliant.

This....its the people that make this place, not the cars. Wink
(17-01-2014, 05:02 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]This forum is just nice to use, its got all the 306 info we need and its got some really experienced members willing to help. Thats what makes it brilliant.

Only because they came over here once we realised it was better, same with all of us.

We can bash .net all we like but without it, most of us wouldn't be here now.
(17-01-2014, 04:57 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ].net was terrible before because the original owner was just raping the club of all the money instead of investing it into better hosting (mind you, all these forums seem to be going this way Sad ) where as from the start, this one was spec'd correctly. Now that Paul runs .net, I wouldn't be surprised if he changed that soon.
Even before Paul took over he convinced Foxy to change hosts...they're actually with the same host as us, and potentially even on the same hardware, and I'm presuming they're running the same OS Smile Paul does know his stuff, so I think more than anything now it comes down to the platform behind the forums, and to an extent database size (though in real world terms the difference will be negligible). You're right though, we had the hardware well specc'd before the start of the forum to allow for growth, and even know at peak times there's barely any load on the server Smile

(17-01-2014, 05:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Think its just you Chris, the pages run the correct way for me... Might be able to change it in your user CP?
That's correct, it's a user level setting in VBulletin, though I'm not sure why it's enabled by default as it makes very little sense reading things in reverse chronological order.

(17-01-2014, 05:12 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]We can bash .net all we like but without it, most of us wouldn't be here now.
A very valid point Smile

This isn't about bashing the other club for what it's worth, just thought I'd clear up the reasons why before anyone starts to speculate.
(17-01-2014, 05:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh not sure don't really bother on there anyway but will check it out. Thought every ones was like that lol
(17-01-2014, 05:14 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2014, 04:57 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ].net was terrible before because the original owner was just raping the club of all the money instead of investing it into better hosting (mind you, all these forums seem to be going this way Sad ) where as from the start, this one was spec'd correctly. Now that Paul runs .net, I wouldn't be surprised if he changed that soon.
Even before Paul took over he convinced Foxy to change hosts...they're actually with the same host as us, and potentially even on the same hardware, and I'm presuming they're running the same OS Smile Paul does know his stuff, so I think more than anything now it comes down to the platform behind the forums, and to an extent database size (though in real world terms the difference will be negligible). You're right though, we had the hardware well specc'd before the start of the forum to allow for growth, and even know at peak times there's barely any load on the server Smile

Yeah but they will need more hardware power than us anyway seeing as that site currently looks like This
(17-01-2014, 05:38 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2014, 05:14 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah but they will need more hardware power than us anyway seeing as that site currently looks like This

And my phone just crashed...
(17-01-2014, 03:35 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]becauseraceforum
This!!!

(17-01-2014, 04:53 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I love the fact that Scott was first to reply to this thread, and summed it up beautifully. Bravo sir. ThumbsUp

I hope you two know that you don't need to suck Scott's ginger sack because your staff now, or do you?
Sorry Chris, new rules. You missed out!
(18-01-2014, 12:05 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope you two know that you don't need to suck Scott's ginger sack because your staff now, or do you?

Its true there are good people here. Unfortunately there are some right lady gardens who like to insult part peoples girlfriends!
soooo many reasons why this forum is better and simpler and easier and nicer to use...

the people
the cars
the donation arrangement
the information
the unlimited messages
the fast response
the amazing banter
the simple layout

and thats to name justa few.
306oc is what .net used to be and what it should have become . . . .end of true story. .Smile
I'm not trying to suck up to anyone tbh, thats just the way it is! Wink

I know some people still frequent .net as well as here (and i have nothing against that, freedom of choice and all that shiz), but i dont use .net any more, as i never felt overly welcome over there, and oc has always seemed easier to use/navigate, end of story. Tongue
(18-01-2014, 10:14 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Its true there are good people here. Unfortunately there are some right lady gardens who like to insult part peoples girlfriends!
I insult boyfriends too.................. lol

(18-01-2014, 10:23 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]soooo many reasons why this forum is better and simpler and easier and nicer to use...

the people
the cars
the donation arrangement
the information
the unlimited messages
the fast response
the amazing banter
the simple layout

and thats to name justa few.

Yeah gotta love the layout here, its so intuitive, everything is where you'd expect it to be and there isn't a million unused sub forums. The fast reply thing is awesome, I saw a question that was posted last week and it had 2 replies in less than a minute.
Was going to reply with some technical bs, but it's all Sumed
This is just great all round, forum, people and cars. I love it