306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 10w40 oil in 1.6 206 hdi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering whether it will be ok to put this oil in? Doing a service on my sisters car so thought it would be ok?
I've heard that the 1.6 HDi's are very very fussy when it comes to oil, if it's too thick it can f*ck the turbo as it's blocks the pipes, stick to the recommended grade of oil IMO
As above, this is half the reason the dv6 engines have a bad rep - people putting the wrong oil in then the turbo shits itself.
So 5/30 then? Just euro car parts said 5/30 or 10/40

Also we have a bottle of 5/30 fully at work but it says it's for fords and volvos? Surely 5/30 is all the same?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...&langId=-1

Would this be ok?
From what I've seen online, 5/40 fully synth is what's required

Apparently it's good practice to replace the turbo oil pickup gauze often too, these clog leaving the turbo starved of oil = expensive bill
what he said^^^
5w/40 synthetic for this country
10w/40 semi is for hot climates which the uk is not!
also more regular oil changes than the recomended 12k
Every 10k is what i keep seeing people recommending online, you may also find that doing a de-egr will make your oil/engine last longer
I thought ford/volvo recommended 5w30 when the engine is in their cars. My best mate is running a dv6 thats been mapped for over 50k and always serviced by ford with no issues.
At work we put Total 5w30 in that we get from Peugeot as that's what they recommend
So are we going with 5/40?

Think I'll stick the 5/30 in thanks guys!
i was stating what autodata recomends Wink
Yeah it's odd that, autodata is usually spot on. 5w30 fully synth is definitely whats recommemded by pretty much everyone else though.