306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: For all you M25 users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.elmbridgeguardian.co.uk/news/...um=twitter

Start to be careful! Its far too easy to go through these gantries over the limit they are displaying!
I always did wonder if they were working or not. People just speed past them and I wonder how they get away with it. Obviously this is how. I asked a policeman once and he said he had no idea if they worked or not haha.
Shiiitttttttttttttt.

I didn't really think those reduced limits actually applied.
(15-01-2014, 06:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Shiiitttttttttttttt.

I didn't really think those reduced limits actually applied.

lol well i rarely slowed down for them unless it was something silly like a 40-50mph one but i will be from now on which is annoying because on the M40 section, they always have them on 50 at rush hour yet everyone can easily plod along at 70. I bet they will make a fortune when they first turn them on!
From reading that it says they're slowing the traffic to ease congestion essentially.... So say you get 1000 cars through at 80mph, you'll only get 500 cars through at 40mph....surely that's increasing congestion. Confused
they dont care about congestion they care about how many people they can catch out for some ££
I don't understand how they are letting Surrey Police run the scheme all the way from J10-J16 as from J14-J16 the motorway is Thames Valley Police
(15-01-2014, 06:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how they are letting Surrey Police run the scheme all the way from J10-J16 as from J14-J16 the motorway is Thames Valley Police

Probably just because it cuts costs to have the system run by one group. TVP will no doubt be paying towards it but it will bring costs down for both organisations by doing a joint effort (based on how some national NHS programs are run).
(15-01-2014, 06:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how they are letting Surrey Police run the scheme all the way from J10-J16 as from J14-J16 the motorway is Thames Valley Police

Don't they do this all over the place though? Ive seen surrey police pull people all the time on the east side of the m25 which is Kent.
Surreys area is huge, on the M25 if runs from Heathrow's southern perimeter all the way down to (and in fact past) Clackett lane services
Fair enough. Id best be careful then seeing as i spend most of my day on this bloody road lol
Also as for stopping cars in other force areas we stopped a van a few hundred yards off Bedfordshire border after it being sighted leaving the met and then taking the whole of Hertfordshire to catch up with it. There was some very confused looking people driving back on the M1.
They've just put these bastards in on the M1 between Sheffield and Barnsley...
(15-01-2014, 08:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]They've just put these bastards in on the M1 between everywhere on the M1
Dodgy
(15-01-2014, 08:49 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2014, 08:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]They've just put these bastards in on the M1 between everywhere on the M1
Dodgy

Seriously though Yorkshire is an absolute bastard to get around these days. Leeds is the junction of the A1, M1, and M62, it used to be so easy to get around, I mean Sheffield is 40 miles away but on a busy Monday night after work I could get there in rush hour in 35 minutes, now thanks to M1 roadworks it's an hour. Sam's was 30 minutes down the M62, now it's an hour because of roadworks, and the A1 has been f*cked for years especially where it meets the M18...

/rant
(15-01-2014, 08:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2014, 08:49 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
Dodgy

Seriously though Yorkshire is an absolute bastard to get around these days. Leeds is the junction of the A1, M1, and M62, it used to be so easy to get around, I mean Sheffield is 40 miles away but on a busy Monday night after work I could get there in rush hour in 35 minutes, now thanks to M1 roadworks it's an hour. Sam's was 30 minutes down the M62, now it's an hour because of roadworks, and the A1 has been f*cked for years especially where it meets the M18...

/rant

My heart bleeds. Try working in London! Took me 2 hours this morning to get to Wembley. 14 miles!
(15-01-2014, 08:58 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2014, 08:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2014, 08:49 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Dodgy

/rant
My heart bleeds. Try working in London! Took me 2 hours this morning to get to Wembley. 14 miles!

No sympathy mate! You choose to live there, can't see why, problem with London is they didn't know when to stop bloody building it!
lol mate if i could be away from London, trust me i would be! I bloody hate it here.
(15-01-2014, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]lol mate if i could be away from London, trust me i would be! I bloody hate it here.

Get up here mate! It'd be like doubling your wage, there's space and fresh air and shit, and you know loads of people here anyway. Win!

In all seriousness, there's loads of work in Leeds, cost of living is dirt cheap (compared to London anyway, expensive compared to Castleford), and you're close to some of the most beautiful parts of the country Wink
Nah ill be moving down to the south coast. Thats where most of my family are so thats where I'm going Smile
(15-01-2014, 09:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ][
Get up here mate! It'd be like doubling your wage, there's space and fresh air and shit, and you know loads of people here anyway. Win!

In all seriousness, there's loads of work in Leeds, cost of living is dirt cheap (compared to London anyway, expensive compared to Castleford), and you're close to some of the most beautiful parts of the country Wink

And that's where the problem lies, you're right in the shit bit Wink
(15-01-2014, 09:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2014, 09:05 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]lol mate if i could be away from London, trust me i would be! I bloody hate it here.

Bet you the view out my windows is prettier (certainly more green and pleasant) than the one out of yours Smile

That said if I loose my free travel I'm coming up north.
where abouts on the south coast Niall?
(15-01-2014, 09:32 PM)adamm306 Wrote: [ -> ]where abouts on the south coast Niall?

Around the new forest way mate.
Ah not to far from us then, some nice roads up that way shame its closer to Southampton then it is to Portsmouth though
(15-01-2014, 09:17 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: [ -> ]And that's where the problem lies, you're right in the shit bit Wink

Nah, Leeds is great, Bradford is the shit bit Wink

(15-01-2014, 09:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Bet you the view out my windows is prettier (certainly more green and pleasant) than the one out of yours Smile

That said if I loose my free travel I'm coming up north.

Bet theres not much in it....

The picture shows the view out my patio doors, you can just see the start of 28 acres of woodland behind my house Smile

[Image: 5e2asese.jpg]
Would love to spend some more time up North, its such a weird place compared to the south although im sure its more interesting in yorkshire than tower blocks and overpopulation
Midlands ftw. Best of both worlds, close to london, close to the north!
London? f*ck that it's a shithole
(15-01-2014, 09:42 PM)adamm306 Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to spend some more time up North, its such a weird place compared to the south although im sure its more interesting in yorkshire than tower blocks and overpopulation

To be fair we have tower blocks, it's just that our tower blocks are a 30 minute drive from here...

[Image: DSCF0175.jpg]

And an hour from here...

[Image: IMAG0029.jpg]

And here...

[Image: RunswickBay037.jpg]

I love Yorkshire. Been all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland and besides Cornwall and County Mayo I've never found anywhere I prefer Smile
Pages: 1 2