306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 hdi now starting normally but won't rev past 2500 any ideas ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Done up the seals in my pump as it was leaking and fitted it tonight and she won't start at all. She's getting plenty of fuel to the injectors what could be the issue ?

Got these faults today there anyone able to shed any light?

[Image: E4119333-75CF-4A3C-AE7C-BA0C53AA46F1_zpshgt45msd.jpg]
[Image: 67873051-8D29-4ECC-A9AE-D78C07218C70_zpsc3obqu6z.jpg]
[Image: 9D52C605-B312-440C-97BA-12B326BAAB1E_zpsd2jwuivw.jpg]
Also just noticed and oil can light and 'stop' but she's full of oil
Usually comes on when it cant make pressure bud.

As for your problen i don't know. .
Faults added ^
Going by the top "coded anti-start" fault, could the immobiliser be playing up?

That would explain there being fuel at the injectors but not starting, as the ECU won't be firing the injectors if it's in an immobilised state.
Also the ecu has had the immobiliser done away with before this as my old ecu gave up before
As above tbh. Last ones pretty common and shouldnt affect anything. The second one doesnt make much sense, does it give you the reference number for the code at all?
Naw no code just manufacturers explanation
The explanation doesn't come from the ECU - that's the code reader interpreting the codes...

Should be some way of it giving you the raw codes logged.
When he ran obd on it no fault codes came up :S
Did you turn it over again etc to get the codes to reappear? Their intermittent faults just
Yeah I did, could I have shorted something and fried the ecu? I've had ecu trouble before
I have Peugeot planet mate might be useful to check fuel pressure etc
You getting voltage to the injectors, is it even trying to start.

Oh and check your fuel cut switch and all the fuses.
Yeah power going to injectors, checked the cut out and no fuses blown

Just keeps turning over
Low pressure pump maybe? Did you change the fuel filter through all this?
Got the car on peugeot planet
And these where the faults

[Image: 853E0DCA-4C2D-4084-B413-F0ADA868C26F_zpsxi4jfcko.jpg]
[Image: 324DC04E-0482-48A5-9DBC-29F1BB53F9BF_zpsfsxsjuxe.jpg]
Looks like an immobiliser fault tbh
That last one will be either your pick up ring cabling is damaged/not connected or the pick up ring its self is damaged or the immob chip in the key is no longer working but i can't see that. Theres bugger all to go wrong with them!
There is no immobiliser in my ecu
Also there is no chip in my key as the immobiliser was removed
Could well be an error arising from this modification then surely?
Yeah that's what I'm thinking going to ring auto tune tomorrow
Who deleted the immobiliser for you? Mark?
Bought an ecu of eBay with it removed as my old one was done
Guaranteed that's the typical unplugged whilst running ecu having just relocked itself...

What year is your car?!
(15-01-2014, 08:53 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Guaranteed that's the typical unplugged whilst running ecu having just relocked itself...

What year is your car?!

This. Sounds like its been soft unlocked and now relocked its self to the original BSI. Unless you can get your hands on the original Immob chip and BSI, your pretty much stuck unless you can find someone to unlock the ECU properly. I know its quite easy on the GTi ones but not sure on these.
That does sound like what's happened, I could try getting the ecu unlocked again
Soft unlocking involves starting the car and then removing the ECU with the car running so the BSI can't send the lock signal when you turn it off. In order to soft unlock it again, it will need to go back on the original car.

You can have them permanently unlocked but again, i don't know if this is as easy as it is on a GTI ECU.
That's never going to happen lol must ring auto tune and ask him what he thinks
You can get them permanently unlocked if you can find someone to do it, shouldn't be that expensive.

Did you do the seals in the pump yourself?
Pages: 1 2 3 4