306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not really a project

picked this up randomly at the weekend to do tip runs etc in.
planes are to make it reliable and not care about the rest off it the back has been lowered but the fronts stock so some one some were has nicked some bits off it i think lmao so cut the front springs or fit some 106 ones i have kicking about (think i see on here they fit)

some boring pictures for ya

[Image: CIMG9925_zps5610111b.jpg]

[Image: CIMG9926_zps63e639b3.jpg]

[Image: CIMG9924_zpsd310f235.jpg] back lows

[Image: CIMG9927_zps81ab93ed.jpg]
seats have side pockets

so plans

1...at the moment it wont start from cold even if you chuck tea at it so after a bit of reading/playing/chatting.. got a list of bits/ stuff to do that should fix the problem

2... service it

3... sort the front ride hight out

4... tunes

5.... think of a plan after 4 ThumbsUp
Please god DONT chop the springs. If anything, raise the back up to suit the front if necessary, especially if you're using it as a workhorse for tip runs and the like.

Unfortunately I can't shed any light on the cols starts, I did see your earlier thread about it, my initial thought would have been glow plugs, but from your description, I'm not so sure. Good luck with it though! Wink
Don't cut the front springs, tried it once and they dislocated the first time I drove it (and didn't actually lower that much). Just not worth it for the danger.

TBH Knowing how low mine is I wouldn't use 106 springs either, get a proper 306 set up designed for the weight of the car.
A bianca 02 estate. Must be a high miler to be as scruffy as that! Sort it out and keep it looking nice and original :p
What a state. Tongue What milage is that on lol? lol
(05-01-2014, 06:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]What a state. Tongue What milage is that on lol? lol

Gotta be 200k atleast. Didnt buy it off dumdum did you? ninja
(05-01-2014, 06:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Don't cut the front springs, tried it once and they dislocated the first time I drove it (and didn't actually lower that much). Just not worth it for the danger.

TBH Knowing how low mine is I wouldn't use 106 springs either, get a proper 306 set up designed for the weight of the car.

not the same as chopping them on the bmw's then? run chopped spings on most of the bmw's i've had and gave them stick been fine ..
are you running 106 springs got any pics is it lows Smile

wingnuts i think i have worked out the problem so will update the post if and when it gets fixed been fine all day today just the 1st start up in the morning

mileage is 200k+ so its not worth chucking money at it imo lol
should be some good fun tho Wink

did wonder and was going to ask if any one on here knows of the car tom
Yeah it definitely looks like its done over 200k....take it it wasn't one careful lady owner either! lol

On a serious note though, I don't recognise it, and I remember most of them from the forums lol.
(05-01-2014, 07:01 PM)maxlee Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2014, 06:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Don't cut the front springs, tried it once and they dislocated the first time I drove it (and didn't actually lower that much). Just not worth it for the danger.

not the same as chopping them on the bmw's then? run chopped spings on most of the bmw's i've had and gave them stick been fine ..
are you running 106 springs got any pics is it lows Smile

mileage is 200k+ so its not worth chucking money at it imo

Chopping them on anything is shady as f*ck, as said, mine on a 306 started dislocating as soon as they were cut. I'm running a -60mm GMax kit for a GTi6 and because the 6 is lower anyway its actually gone nearer -80mm (have a look at my project thread thats currently just a few threads down)

Mine is on 240k and the interior wasn't as bad as yours, it kinda is and isn't worth spending money on. Had it over 6 months and she sailed through her MOT the other week so could spend 3 times as much on one with half the mileage and have alot more problems. Kinda fallen in love with mine a little.
Wouldn't chop the springs, at the end of the day you can pick a crap set of lowering springs up for about £50 - £70 quid.
springs are a certain length for a reason, hence why having x amount of coils.
(05-01-2014, 07:54 PM)Dean Wrote: [ -> ]at the end of the day you can pick a crap set of lowering springs up for about £50 - £70 quid.
Less than that, Ive had decent springs off ebay for £45 new and they are less second hand.
http://bit.ly/1cuNkqR these are cheap enough and will do the job.
(05-01-2014, 07:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it definitely looks like its done over 200k....take it it wasn't one careful lady owner either! lol
On a serious note though, I don't recognise it, and I remember most of them from the forums lol.

Angry i'll have you know it went to church on a sunday and shopping on the monday once in its live..... then yer don't think the other 8 owners really cared Rofl

dum dum you have a good point with moneys etc but at the moment just going to service it no point in tidying the in side up just yet with dog and tip runs etc handy to know a bout the gti 6 springs i'll see how things sell on the bay and what i get from braking up my 2 door 306 (i'll do a topic in the parts for sale when its not chucking it down so not to take ages removing parts)

got my clone wheels to go one to Smile

j thanks for the link i see they do 60mm ones to Smile think 40mm would still make the front sit to high
[Image: 1609589_601136059951549_1588193454_n.jpg] its almost white

picked some bits up last night thar resulted in

[Image: 1525497_600932916638530_416669242_n.jpg]
whistle the seller chucked in a free item so i might be modding the bonnet badge in the next few days
Theres no reason a decent detailer couldnt bring that back. Doubt the paint has ever been treated ever the laquer is probably still thick as f*ck, a decent cut and it would look better than most!
i could mop it hate doing white cars tho sunglasses are a must if i keep it then i'm thinking it will be quicker to roller it with black board paint? and the misses 7 year old daughter would have hours of fun with some chork i would have a different looking car every weekend lol

besides the starting problem i can't fault it done 60miles light to light last night with mixed driving and sits nice on the motor way defo need to get the front ride hight to match the back

also my mates come up with a xud boshed engine for the 2 door project Blush one day i'll make my mind up what i'm going to do lol
You should stick with it, be a good cheap run around, your in the cheap tax bracket too.
i haven't looked at the price of tax yet but thats good to know Smile well its proving its self to me slowly Smile
less some one comes up with the moneys i'll crack on till the 2 door ones built and if it never get build the estate will carry on getting used Smile need to fix the cold start problem so i can sell the corsa and use it for work
new bosh plugs arrived 2day

and i started fitting these

[Image: 1488049_605171642881324_197283214_n.jpg]
should be picking up a 4 door 306 at some point in the next 5 days if all goes to plan so will be putting seats and other bits in the estate not leather but will tidy it up and engine and box in the 2 door 306 Smile
306 4 door bought turns out to be a 2 owner well serviced tidy car Sad fail..

suns out so fingers crossed low pics will be up by the end of the day Wink
[Image: 156189_607475332650955_1620194458_n.jpg]

[Image: 1509052_607474969317658_668210390_n.jpg]

[Image: 1560624_607474685984353_1651763719_n.jpg]

[Image: 1510830_607571512641337_272050592_n.jpg]

fixed the front artch gap Wink
A new state! Looks good anyway, also same as mine!
nothing a good blow over wouldn't do on the front, apart from that, it looks ok!