306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rusted Rocker Cover 1.4 TU engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

My Rocker Cover on my 1.4 TU engine is rusted!

Any ideas on what i could do!

Thanks

Sam
Get a new one.......
I found a mint one in a scrappy off a 206, failing that strip it back and re-paint but it's a pain in the sass prepping them.....
I have a good condition one in my shed. Never going to use it again. PM me if you would like it.
Had the same on my 1.4 306. Just get another. I got one off an older TU (205) so it didn't have the mounting studs for the lead holder. No problem though, couple of bolts/nuts/fibre washers and all good. Doesn't leak anymore....that was really irritating me!
Wire brush and elbow grease.
As above wire bush and paint it or get new one I have seen this fair bit on 206s
grinder with a nice flap disc, 10 mins with that to get the rubbish off, Kurust or similar, can of smooth or satin black hammerite... Smile
Picture!
Rocker cover gasket is weeping to bud! If you replace get an OE as the cheap ones are to hard and don't seal properly, I know because I tried a few before I got it to seal and torque it up properly

This was my effort a while back..... Ended up swapping it for a mint 206 as said previous...

Before
[Image: image_zps8b99412a.jpg]

After
[Image: image_zpsb94b6b4c.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsb1e9c3d7.jpg]
That looks awsome!
Not the best pics but you can spruce them up, flocked ones look good too
Love the air filter!

(03-01-2014, 09:22 PM)k3ogh Wrote: [ -> ]Rocker cover gasket is weeping to bud! If you replace get an OE as the cheap ones are to hard and don't seal properly, I know because I tried a few before I got it to seal and torque it up properly

This was my effort a while back..... Ended up swapping it for a mint 206 as said previous...

Before
[Image: image_zps8b99412a.jpg]

After
[Image: image_zpsb94b6b4c.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsb1e9c3d7.jpg]