306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Info on alloys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting a bit bored of my cyclones, I'm like the nimrods, how do they differ from the ouragons? Anyone shed some light on the matter ??
nimrods and ouragons are the same
Exactly the same? I've read that there is a difference in offset?
same looking!
nimrods will need spacers and ouragons wont
Aright, beauty, will look into it
Nimrods dont 'need' spacers depending on how good your beam is. I had nimrods on with 5mm spacers on the rear, only because on one side the arch trim was a bit loose and rubbed on the tyre a little bit the other side was perfectly fine though. That said a bit of spacing makes them look better too
Okay, I'm guessing the difference in offset is very little then?
whats those other ones, some are 15" some are 16"
Also best to remember there all stamped ouragon's even nimrods
Any chance anyone knows the offset of both two alloys ?
the ones off the 206 are ET31 IIRC and the ones off the 406 (the ones you want) are ET18

Also dont believe this crap about not needing spacers as narrowing your track width by over an inch will make the wheels look lostin the arches and adversely affect the handling. They might also catch suspension and brakes if you have got non standard parts.
For nimrods you need 13mm spacers too bring them to the correct et
Ansum job
Yea but you don't 'need' the spacers, I was on standard suspension and brakes for a dturbo. they would look better with some proper spacing and I was trying to find some 20mm hubcentrics shortly before selling
Handling, no doubt the shorter width affected it but I never noticed it in day to day driving
If you want to do it properly get the spacers
Would these be alright to run http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360730246825?v...1423.l2649 I'm not sure if the bolts would be suitable.
(27-12-2013, 12:25 AM)padge Wrote: [ -> ]whats those other ones, some are 15" some are 16"
I always thought Nimrods were 16" and Ouragon were 15"?
(27-12-2013, 11:09 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2013, 12:25 AM)padge Wrote: [ -> ]whats those other ones, some are 15" some are 16"
I always thought Nimrods were 16" and Ouragon were 15"?

Nope, because there are 14" versions as well.

Ouragan's tend to be 15" and Nimrods 16". Nimrods are usually found on 206's.

the 15" come off 406's, they're the ones to have Big Grin I have a set on my 106 GTi.