306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: load compensator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lowered my sedan the other day and found that the load compensator is leaking. can I just get rid and pipe the lines up to my cylinders because I know some 306 don't have them or is it only disc rear beams ?
You do need it on yours. The later 306's don't have one as they use the ABS/EBD system to electronically compensate for load.

If you remove it you might find that the rears lock up too easily.
I'll take it off and see what its like I know brakes are split 70/30 anyway worst comes to worst I'll find a new one its only for the sedan not exactly a power house lol
I haven't got a load valve on the back of my d turbo and haven't had any problems
I dont have one...I dont have ABS.

i do have discs on the rear.

Rear has never locked up on me
That's it then ripping the shite off haha
(26-12-2013, 05:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have one...I dont have ABS.

i do have discs on the rear.

Rear has never locked up on me

How come you removed the ABS on yours?
Becauseracecar ?
1)Because its crap.
2) coz its rubbish
3) coz its for losers
4) coz it breaks(!)
5) Did I mention I dont like abs?
If you remove it, the rear will lock up before the front in an emergency stop or if you're racing.

Road use, you'll likely never noticed the difference. It is there for a reason, remember. Peugeot didn't fit it for the lulz
I hope you told the insurance you made the car less safe lol... Tongue Whether you like it or not, for avoiding unexpected objects on a wet bend it is damn useful!

As for the load valve, I'm surprised no one has issues with removing it...it's not like Peugeot to spend money on something unless it's totally necessary lol.

Edit - Martin snuck in there quickly lol.
Yeap insurers know all about it.
Guy completely knew where I was coming from.

I hate ABS with a passion. Useless annoying interferring pile of crap

If I was building a track car I would just pop in a bias valve

But its very unlikely for rear to lock n snap anyway when you compare friction surfaces and of you had your spring rates setup right