306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Saxo flywheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard stories in the past on .net of people fitting saxo flywheels to 306's to act as a lightened flywheel.

Now, I have two questions... As my knowledge of saxos is very limited, because they are a)crap b)not worth knowing about and c)crap, do I use a flywheel from a VTS or VTR? Or are both the same?

Presuming this does work, and I do use a saxo flywheel, would I be correct in assuming i would need to fit a saxo clutch? Would the gearbox side of it still fit my box etc?

Thanks
Would that even work? Isn't the VTR/VTS lump a TU engine?

Could be completely wrong there, but see post #1 in this thread for reasons why
I have also heard this and you want the vts flywheel IIRC as its lighter than the vtr
However from just looking at photos, it can't work as they have less bolt holes. Maybe they have to be drilled to fit?
I have also been told the VTS is lighter than VTR, just gotta be good with a drill
Can you look at the one in the shed Niall, and see if it's 7 or 9 holes in the centre?
Grant Wrote:Can you look at the one in the shed Niall, and see if it's 7 or 9 holes in the centre?

Nope. Weighed in!
Lol fair play. Need to find that one out, not getting involved in drilling or milling flywheels. Only gonna end in tears
Grant Wrote:Lol fair play. Need to find that one out, not getting involved in drilling or milling flywheels. Only gonna end in tears
Can't be that difficult!

There 7 hole btw
Whered you get that from?

Providing your not spreading lies Wink then the saxo one is also 7 hole, so down to the hole placement from there on out...
Grant Wrote:Whered you get that from?

Providing your not spreading lies Wink then the saxo one is also 7 hole, so down to the hole placement from there on out...

Service box
Grant Wrote:Whered you get that from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citreon-Saxo- ... _500wt_922

Sure?
that ad... "this complete combi kit package will upgrade you BHP and TORQUE"
lolz

anyway, back to the thread boys

on another note, id be warey of drilling flywheels, i'd presume you'd get it done properly and balanced and whatnot? they tend to go bang in nasty ways if not.

but if you know that already, ignore me!
Ha ha ads been removed!!

Lighter flywheel more bhp and torque rofl