306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: lights dipping, power loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. When driving along at night every now and then my headlights dip for a split second, its been doing it for a while but has recently got slightly worse. I've always suspected maybe bad earth somewhere or the fact that my battery terminals aren't as tight as I would like them. Within the last couple of days however I get an intermittent power loss, only for a split second but its enough to feel it, and I'm pretty sure my lights dip at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas/experience with a similar problem?
Are the battery terminals easily dislodged? If so, that's probably your culprit.
It could probably get the negative terminal off without loosening the bolt yeah.
There ya go then

Just run along all the cables checkin each connection
(22-12-2013, 10:05 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. When driving along at night every now and then my headlights dip for a split second, its been doing it for a while but has recently got slightly worse. I've always suspected maybe bad earth somewhere or the fact that my battery terminals aren't as tight as I would like them. Within the last couple of days however I get an intermittent power loss, only for a split second but its enough to feel it, and I'm pretty sure my lights dip at the same time.

Anyone have any ideas/experience with a similar problem?

Hi. I have had the same problem. In my case it was the battery terminals. I had to insert metal spacers round posts and hey presto it cured it. I have since had other problem with earth point corroded and starter lead connection come loose. Cleaned and tightened both,seems to of cured it for now.
Hmm. May have to go check my battery, I'd put it down to puddles making the aux belt slip. But being lazy I hadn't yet tensioned it up
I'm going to get new battery terminals because the negative won't go any tighter and the positive is a horrible quick release type.
My hdi did this was due to a bad battery.. The car would normally start fine but in cold weather the battery would be flat and unable to start it