306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ashwoodys 1.8 xs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
brought this a few months ago litttle bit modded needing new parts and a good looking after here is it when i picked it up

[attachment=12193]

so got it home gave it a good clean and started removing stickers got m,y wheels sprayed up. removed the bonnet bra

[attachment=12194]

then had a crazy month moving house and xmas coming up etc eventually got round to giving the car a full service sorted the drivers window which ended up being the regulator £100 i was shocked at the price however got it fixed and now the window works. fitted all my speakers.

re-fitted the bonnet bra as i live deep down the lanes now and its horrible shit gets chucked everywhere stays clean for about 1 mile then its filthy

[attachment=12195]

loads more to do replace my door locks as the previous owner snapped the key Itwasntme replace the fans, replace the bumper and exhaust and the front fog light surround.

think ill be taking it off the road in february and full rebuilding the engine,lowering and fully cleaning the body as there is over spray everywhere from imcompetent people

thanks for looking
Has that got '6 suspension on it or is that really what standard ride height looks like...? Hmm
yea standard ride height TMI i have a gti rear beam with gaz gold shocks to be fitted just not suitable with the kids will be fitted next year when its take it off the road for a while loads of things will change
(23-12-2013, 07:23 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Has that got '6 suspension on it or is that really what standard ride height looks like...? Hmm

Its an XS so it has 6 suspension on it and yes that is what standard ride height is lol
Ive got the same model as that and yes it does sit that height lol. Glad I got myself some springs !!!
i have got a gti rear beam on gold gaz shocks to fit but ill wait till the new year but hopefully looking to go back to hdi
(24-12-2013, 08:39 AM)Ashwoody Wrote: [ -> ]i have got a gti rear beam on gold gaz shocks to fit but ill wait till the new year but hopefully looking to go back to hdi

Think you may find you already have a gti beam fitted
yea the one i have is already lowered and ready to go straight on
(23-12-2013, 08:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-12-2013, 07:23 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Has that got '6 suspension on it or is that really what standard ride height looks like...? Hmm

Its an XS so it has 6 suspension on it and yes that is what standard ride height is lol

Seriously? How come a dt gets raised by 20mm when you stick '6 struts on then, would have thought this'd be the same..?
(24-12-2013, 02:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-12-2013, 08:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Seriously? How come a dt gets raised by 20mm when you stick '6 struts on then, would have thought this'd be the same..?

Not sure tbh. I know that the 1.8 is quite a bit lighter so the shocks will be different but must be the same damping rates as the gti ones.
make sure you dont leave the bonnet bra on all the time. it will ruin the paint and youll have to replace the bonnet!
Is it just the angle or do you have 195/55 tyres on the rear and 195/50's on the front?
Definitely look bigger on the rear Noe you mention it!
yea i put it on about 2 weeks ago for winter personally dont like them but thought id put it on for the time being
Got myself a new set of fans today from the scrapyard shall fit them this afternoon i think hopefully that will be one problem sorted.

i need new lock barrels for my doors the car is central locking does anyone know if that makes a difference or not?

also how hard are they to change are there any tutorials on here

thanks
finally got my fans all up and working today so alot happier now and ordered my lock barrels Smile progress is slow but getting done
are you not going to need multiple keys if you are changing the locks? Definitely look into lowering! Big Grin
yes i will but its the only option i have at the moment need to keep an eye out for some front spring son here then down it goes
bought not brought btw. Springs are cheap anyway. £45 new or something on ebay.
knew someone would have something to say ha i always struggle with that word sorry about that. ill have a look thanks
Don't bruy cheap springs if you like comfort though....
snapped one of my slam panel bolts yesterday putting it back together so went to peugeot and picked a new set up and got some new grill clips while i was at it.
The grille clips are rediculous. I once saw that someone had taped on the their hockey sticks and someone else had screwed theirs in!
(02-01-2014, 06:59 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]The grille clips are rediculous. I once saw that someone had taped on the their hockey sticks and someone else had screwed theirs in!

They are so simple when you actually fit them properly. Most done Wink
cost me £1:39 for 4 so i couldn't grumble i need a new set of hockey sticks mine were held on with no nails or something terrible
New lock barrels arrived today got them fitted after a bit of fiddling about all working so much happier, removed the bonnet bra as was fed up with it, painted my badge black slowly getting there need to get it lowered next
Yesss another bonnet bra off! Youll notice such a difference once its lowered!
i only had it on for winter but looked gash