306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Lowering recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure how low i should go any recommendations ?
As low as you want? Its your car Smile
(20-12-2013, 11:46 PM)Craigus Wrote: [ -> ]As low as you want? Its your car Smile

Was thinking 30mm but would i have to worry about catching the tyres in the arches when ive got a full car at that hieght ? haha
People drop 60-80mm!

Only need to worry about weight affecting arch rub at the rear...if your beam is buggered then its likely to rub

Oh...or if you running 17/18s!!
100mm!
If he has a 1.9nad like I think he does he be running little 14s so maybe 100mm would be possible! lmao
100 at least
80mm minimum, see the pic in my sig, even as low as that it doesnt rub any where any when even with hard cornering
(24-12-2013, 06:59 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]80mm minimum, see the pic in my sig, even as low as that it doesnt rub any where any when even with hard cornering

IF all suspension components are bang on and wheels are original offset and your suspension is setup ROCK hard! lol

IMHO 80mm and lower just looks like you been shopping and ya girlfriend is fat
(24-12-2013, 07:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-12-2013, 06:59 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]80mm minimum, see the pic in my sig, even as low as that it doesnt rub any where any when even with hard cornering

IF all suspension components are bang on and wheels are original offset and your suspension is setup ROCK hard! lol

IMHO 80mm and lower just looks like you been shopping and ya girlfriend is fat

never, any higher and it looks like your a grandad off to get his morning paper
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=12194]

thats standard height!! thats grandad spec!

[Image: cce453da-2bd3-4bf8-8095-50bb4c881d07_zps1cea1363.jpg]

thats mine lowered about 45mm
think thats just man stain thats grandad spec
someones loving his photoshop program tonight! lol
Here he is driving another grandad spec'd 306 with the boot open and everything this time!!
30mm tops.
(24-12-2013, 07:54 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]30mm tops.

30mm?? you mad? ahaha
30mm ain't really worth bothering doing. 50mm is about what mine is and I think it's sits pretty nice
not mad, I like a car that still handles.

driven enough decked customers cars and lowered quite a few to know hat 30mm works and looks good, any lower looks shite.
you can go alot lower than 30mm and still handle well, not scrape and go over speedbumps.
yeah but they handle far more than "well" when sat at std or 30mm!

if you want something that handles well you might as well buy a golf.
(24-12-2013, 10:13 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]yeah but they handle far more than "well" when sat at std or 30mm!

yes.. they do?
I think its more important to have decent suspension
I had full spax shocks and springs all round on my first one lowered 40mm on the front and 50mm on the back and that handled like a dream and didnt rub or scrape at all really

Second one i had was 60 mm on the front and more on the back and that handled shit but was all standard shocks.

So i would say a decent setup and 40mm would be your best bet looked like this on mine:

[Image: b7f34fbc.jpg]
Its all relative.

80mm lowered on TA will be crap on a track but with GOLD GAZ be epic
To be fair, my estate, handles bloody well now, it dont scrap and the ride isnt bad considering how low it is and id so its bloody low, and that is on a pretty crap set up (price wise)

TA's wound right down, DT drum beam, with gti TB's & ARB
OKAY SERIOUS. 40mm is a standard drop, will improve handling and it should have come out of the factory like that. 60mm is on rails and is obviously low. Im 60mm. It catches on speedbumps and on hills. So depends how cool you want to be!
I gota admit I duno how some of you cope...

My lower brace catches on a lot of stuff and Im only down by 45mm at most
(24-12-2013, 10:48 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, my estate, handles bloody well now, it dont scrap and the ride isnt bad considering how low it is and id so its bloody low, and that is on a pretty crap set up (price wise)

TA's wound right down, DT drum beam, with gti TB's & ARB

How's your suspension travel? Couldn't drive that around here, first corner i'd be on the bumpstops and in a hedge.
(24-12-2013, 10:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Its all relative.

80mm lowered on TA will be crap on a track but with GOLD GAZ be epic
Yeah this basically

(25-12-2013, 12:07 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]OKAY SERIOUS. 40mm is a standard drop, will improve handling and it should have come out of the factory like that. 60mm is on rails and is obviously low. Im 60mm. It catches on speedbumps and on hills. So depends how cool you want to be!

You catch on hills??
I never caught on anything in the miami i could go over those square speed bumps at 30!
Bump stops all round
Guess it boils down to what you can live with
Pages: 1 2