306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dolly the 306 ph1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello welcome to my project thread. So basic specs she's a 1.6 petrol and a bit worse for ware but for £100 you can't complain. 120k on the clock holey exhaust and brakes need doing. She has electric windows even though the passenger side don't work and a sunroof. She also has 4 wheels. Haha will get pics up a little later on. BEWARE DIRTY PICTURES
[Image: ady8ega7.jpg][Image: 3u9apena.jpg][Image: a3y2ejej.jpg][Image: y5equ4ym.jpg][Image: upenytej.jpg][Image: deqejagy.jpg]

[Image: 9urydube.jpg]
Where did you get the name dolly from? Haha! Nice car Smile
Don't know know haha just popiped into my head
[Image: ugere8et.jpg][Image: zydy7ama.jpg]

Think the water pump has gone there's no pressure in the pipes
Heater matrix has failed most likely!
Yeah that looks like the matrix. Not fun atall
The leak is from the door

The heaters work lovely
They bloody should work lovely at 110c... lol

Seriously though, pressure loss, overheating and a puddle on the passenger side usually points to the matrix. Don't want you to go to the go to the hassle and cost of a waterpump change if it isn't that so just make sure either way. Smile
How can I make sure

Fans also won't come on
Personally I'd refill the coolant, run the engine with the heaters on max heat and watch for steam from the vents and water running down from the back of the dash into the passenger footwell. Obviously don't let the engine overheat though.

There may be a better way to confirm it though, someone will be along shortly if there is lol.

Edit - Which fans won't come on? The engine fans? Were you in traffic when the temp shot up then? If that's the case it seems like theres more than one issue here lol.
No stem and no leaks as soon as she's moving engine temp drops to normal
http://youtu.be/DNZFg7qPIeE

[/URL] http://youtu.be/DNZFg7qPIeE

[URL][/URL] http://youtu.be/DNZFg7qPIeE

Urgh trying to upload video

Skip to 5.30 so no warnings no rad fans just rockets up
Wow, that's odd! Confused

Does it actually feel hot at that point? It could just be a faulty temp sensor tbh. Either that or there's an airlock around the sensor that suddenly gets 'flooded' with hot water.

Atleast it doesn't sound like the matrix has failed. But it must smell awful inside so sort that door leak and dry out the footwell lol.
Lmfao it's moldy inside so she does need sorting. Just spoke with my uncle who's a mechanic. Seems to think that there's a airlock in the system and it's common for the fan connectors to go rusty and fail so I think problem solved
something is faulty there for sure.

try new sensor to begin with...

but as Tom said, does it acutally get that hot?
Yea defiantly gets hot but as I said there was no pressure in the rad pipe to the thermostat stat but it's very hot and not losing water
Ah well if your uncle's a mechanic get him to bleed the system lol. That'll clear any air locks. And it's free lol.

I 'think' the rad fans on phase 1's are controlled by a switch on the rad itself (passenger side end) so check the switch/plug there for corrosion for why the fans aren't working. BUT if there is an air lock the hot water might not even be reaching the fan switch so try bleeding first.
I'll bleed myself just a allen key on the thermostat housing
If only it was that simple....

You need to make a header tank out of an old coke bottle first. There are also bleed points on the heater pipes and possibly the rad itself as well.
Mehh lmfao I'll do a guide
[Image: nuvezehu.jpg]
[Image: 7u5evy8y.jpg]

Second hand rad for the beast
TIGHTS?! Seriously? It's 1997 again guys!
Nothing wrong with tights it's not on the road yet.
I know it's not on the road yet, but are they legal?

Have you made much progress on getting to the bottom of the leak?
Rads done and there's no leak now Dodgy other hand the fans packed in and I think thats why she's overheating on idle
(11-01-2014, 09:09 AM)sillywotsit1993 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with tights it's not on the road yet.

Everything wrong with tights regardless of whether it's on the road or not yet! Not only awful looking but illegal too, get tint spray and do it properly.
Okay update again after all that fafing about I've had to hardwired the rad fan to the stereo as it's the only way it'll work. At least that's solved the overheating problem