306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Whats the best Lacquer people have used.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Halfords stuff I think is crap.

Pug stuff is really good, but tiny cans and expensive.

What are people's opinions. Will be used on interior bits and pieces.
lol i use cheap stuff from the range spot on imo
I usually find clear is best.

Halfords sell some along side there wheel refurb paint which is miles better than their standard stuff.
I have used halfords Laquer loads of times and had no probs even found it to be better than the branded stuff tbh I done my sp's about 4 years ago and they are still sweet
Just a point...lacquer should be applied in a warm environment. I know all paint should but t makes more of a difference with lacquer.
I've never had a problem with the cheap halfords stuff but I find the wheel stuff better.
Never had a problem with halfords boggo stuff tbh Smile
Boggo halfords stuff is fine IMO but I now tend to use Glasurit or genrock 2K stuff through a gun unless its only little bits Wink
in a can I'd use Holts Smile
The halfords stuff is fine mark, you just to put it on reasonably thick, each coat has to have a shine.
I have allways Just used the wilco stuff and thats always done fine.
I used halfords stuff to do my strut brace and it isn't to bad Smile
Matt Wrote:I used halfords stuff to do my strut brace and it isn't to bad Smile

It does the job fine, you just have too put enough on for it to level properly and not so much that it runs which is a bit of a fine balancing act in my experience, lol
mark use express paints by where i work, just make sure you do it in a warm place otherwise it will go shit, cold makes it go white.