306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rear beam mount confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My rear nearside rear beam front mount is knocking its dick off, now iv looked at replacements and obviously was drawn to the poly bush versions which are called tensioning pads/bushs or something along them lines. I take it these aren't the mounts them selvs and The parts i need, are these fitted ontop off the actual mounts? What are my best options?
JJ
forget the poly things, you need the mount itself.
^^^That
the poly things get fitted into the void on a new mount
when you look at a new mount there is a void cast into the rubber to allow flex in the mount,the poly fills this hole reducing mount flex
Ahhh i see. Is there a solid version or adjustable version available? Something to stop that arse whaling around in the wet.
Yeah they go in the void in the original mount, to stiffen it up, but i am sure they only go on the rear 2 mounts. So if it is one of the front mounts they will be no good anyway.
I have recently fitted solid mounts to mine.

http://www.bakerbm.com/306.php?data=suskit306a
Top man! Just what i was thinking of. Bit pricey though ehh
Solid mounts pop up in the for sale section reasonably often for ~£125
If you fit new standard mounts, the rear will not wallow as you say. Solid rear mounts take away the rear passive steering making the rear end much more snappy on the limit. Some prefer that, some prefer standard mounts. All down to personal preference in this situation really.
(15-12-2013, 09:31 PM)JJtheHITMAN Wrote: [ -> ]Top man! Just what i was thinking of. Bit pricey though ehh

They look pricey, but if you buy cheap ones, then you will end up buying twice and the hassle of changing them again.
If you buy decent quality ones there isn't that much difference in price to be honest.

Or there is these on ebay which are standard ones that have been made into solid ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-So...233384d6ed
what Niall said, he nailed it.
(15-12-2013, 10:09 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Solid mounts pop up in the for sale section reasonably often for ~£125

I've a set that will be up for sale next week but with billet ally pieces for the rearmost pair rather than welded solids for £120.
(15-12-2013, 10:31 PM)titch Wrote: [ -> ]Or there is these on ebay which are standard ones that have been made into solid ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-So...233384d6ed

thay are made by daveyboy from the gti6 forum he is also regestered on here
I agree the billet ones are best solution if you want to go solid but they are a bit expensive particularly if your not sure whether the solid rear is for you (increased cabin noise, and the subtle change to the handling feel isn't to everyone's taste) best option is to weld up the old ones, easy cheap fix, if you then don't like the solid rear end simply fit some OE mounts and your back to stock, if (like me) you prefer the solid rear end then leave them in place, the billet ones look great but you can't see them under the car!!
Just fill the "void" with silicone Tongue It'll cost ya like, a fiver.
Powerflex are looking into some full bushes...but i need a set of knackered ones to send them...
So when you replace them, fancy sending me the old ones for me to pass on?
(16-12-2013, 11:13 AM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]Just fill the "void" with silicone Tongue It'll cost ya like, a fiver.

good idea but I don't think silicone would be tough enough, a PU sealer/adhesive like Sikaflex may well do the trick though.
(16-12-2013, 12:26 PM)budd Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-12-2013, 11:13 AM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]Just fill the "void" with silicone Tongue It'll cost ya like, a fiver.

good idea but I don't think silicone would be tough enough, a PU sealer/adhesive like Sikaflex may well do the trick though.

Ahh that's what I meant, not bathroom sealant Tongue

I used wurth stuff on my gearbox mount lol
(16-12-2013, 12:38 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ahh that's what I meant, not bathroom sealant Tongue

I used wurth stuff on my gearbox mount lol

it's good stuff I use it for all sorts, I've just bonded a battery box into the boot of my Xsara, my local motor factors have been doing a deal on Indasa PU sealant 4x tubes for £10 which is great value.
(16-12-2013, 11:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Powerflex are looking into some full bushes...but i need a set of knackered ones to send them...

After their wishbone bushes and the lower engine mount, i wouldn't want to go to all the hassle of fitting powerflex rear beam mounts ( when they do make them ), only for them to fail after a few months and be re designed and then have to change them again.
To be fair, they do sort it and its a lifetime guarentee,
I fitted OEM rear mounts from Pug once....they lasted 10miles and completely fell apart!!!
I currently trying to decide whether to go for the Polyflex or vibra-vech (?) lower engine mount bush

I used sikaflex on our lasses 106 as the dishonest were all cracking. Tester thought they were all new bushes Big Grin
(16-12-2013, 01:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, they do sort it and its a lifetime guarentee,
I fitted OEM rear mounts from Pug once....they lasted 10miles and completely fell apart!!!

I know their customer service is ok as the new bits arrive quite quickly, but as in the case with the wishbone bushes they don't pay to have the wheel alignment done again ! Or if some one isn't that hands on and had to pay a garage to fit the bushes they don't cover the cost for a garage having to refit the second set.
Just think they need to test their products more before selling them, then there shouldn't be as many issues.

I would imagine the bits you got from Pug was a one off.

On my other car i use Superflex bushes and have never had a problem with any of their stuff, shame they don't do anything for the 306.

Every bush i have had from Powerflex for the 306 has had something wrong with it or it splits / fails after very few miles or it doesn't fit as it should.
(16-12-2013, 11:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Powerflex are looking into some full bushes...but i need a set of knackered ones to send them...

They can't afford their own? sounds like a load of BS to me...
A more sharper, direct feel is what im after, suppose snappy is a more courser way to describe it, i think il plum for a set of solids and see how i get on, with it lowered it should be abit more lively around town.
And yeh if u pay the postage il happily mail em too ya