306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: PP2000 vs Lexia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after getting PP2000 up and running on Windows 7 running a virtual machine I had a quick play this afternoon, very interesting! But I'm a little disappointed at the sensor reading capabilities, I thought it would be able to give voltage outputs for all the sensors but on the throttle position for instance it only gives 'idle', 'medium' and 'full' or something similar.

I saw Darren mentioned in the FAQ guide that Lexia is better for this, has anyone used it for reading sensor data on Peugeots? I've been researching for about an hour on google but couldn't find a definitive answer.
Both will give outputs but lexia lets you record which is usefull for driving and testing.
(15-12-2013, 08:07 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Both will give outputs but lexia lets you record which is usefull for driving and testing.

Ah really? I couldn't it, only calculated values similar to the screenshot below. I'll have another look tomorrow after work.

[Image: fan+fault+code.JPG]
Wait so I'm confused here. I thought the hardware was Lexia and the software was PP?
Lexia is the Citroen software equivalent to PP. God knows what the interface is called.
youve got it set for a july 2006 built 206 5 DOOR SALOON 1.4i 75 (TU3JP) 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
but the cars warenty started on 09/01/2009

thought lexia was hardware pp2000 and DiagBox were software able to run on the hardware
(15-12-2013, 08:48 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]youve got it set for a july 2006 built 206 5 DOOR SALOON 1.4i 75 (TU3JP) 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
but the cars warenty started on 09/01/2009

thought lexia was hardware pp2000 and DiagBox were software able to run on the hardware

Sorry should have said, the screenshot was just grabbed from google, but the outputs are the same e.g. calculated rather than raw values. I need a percentage or voltage output for the TPS but all it reports is idle (closed throttle) and then it changes to 'medium' and 'full' as you open the throttle more.
In which case, you need to get back to basics and get the multimeter out.
Don't forget, some TPS aren't a sweeping sensor. They do literally just report closed, medium, open. Not sure what the 306 one is but it would make sense if its that type
yes your right
lexia3 is software for citreon
pp2000 is software for puegeot
diabox is the software for peugeot too
(15-12-2013, 08:55 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]yes your right
lexia3 is software for citreon
pp2000 is software for puegeot
diabox is the software for peugeot too

Cant remember the correct name for it as I've never really paid much attention to it but is diag box the one on PP below PP2000 on the options list after you put the build code in? if so, pretty sure you need some different hardware for that.
TPS
pins
1-2 5volts approx
pins
1-3 closed throttle 0,2v approx
pins
1-3 wide open throttle 5v approx

checking voltage at 1-3 while opening the throttle voltage change should be smooth not stepped
(15-12-2013, 09:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Cant remember the correct name for it as I've never really paid much attention to it but is diag box the one on PP below PP2000 on the options list after you put the build code in? if so, pretty sure you need some different hardware for that.

dont know but i do have the software here but never installed it as it conflicts with pp2000
Iv got a Diagbox 7.04 but it just wont work, pp dose everything i need anyway
(15-12-2013, 09:01 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]TPS
pins
1-2 5volts approx
pins
1-3 closed throttle 0,2v approx
pins
1-3 wide open throttle 5v approx

checking voltage at 1-3 while opening the throttle voltage change should be smooth not stepped

Cheers, I've got the Autodata testing instructions already but it's a pain fiddling about with wires and pins, was hoping i'd be able to do it from the comfort of the drivers seat. lol

Diagbox is the newest software which covers both Citroen and Peugeot I believe.
Diagbox is 10x times better than pp2000 and lexia.

PP2000 can read tonnes of live data, your in the wrong section..

You can use lexia or pp2000, makes no odds, jus tpick a car that has the same ecu's in it...there the same cars underneath...bsi / edc15 etcetc