306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all can anyone tell me if gti6 phase 2 shocks and springs will fit my phase 3 hdi? Thanks
Yes they will but what model HDi do you have as there is a good chance looking at your pic that it already has GTI spec suspension.
How would you tell?
Umm as far as I know it is a phase 3 hdi obviously with all the 6 kit on it etc. Its on a w reg. Im new to the 306 so wouldn't know the difference really.

All it was niall is I was going to purchase a a full gmax shock and springs setup but its for a phase 2 gti6. Just wanted to know if it would still fit.
I believe there is a ph3 DTurbo model (3dr only too AFAIK) using an HDi engine. But you get the GTi6 suspension and a few extras.
(13-12-2013, 09:33 PM)mattyh24hdi Wrote: [ -> ]Umm as far as I know it is a phase 3 hdi obviously with all the 6 kit on it etc. Its on a w reg. Im new to the 306 so wouldn't know the difference really.

All it was niall is I was going to purchase a a full gmax shock and springs setup but its for a phase 2 gti6. Just wanted to know if it would still fit.

Yes will all fit still all interchangeable just need to get correct spring rates etc.
Should be about right for yours may just sit a little higher than a 6
Okay thanks guys sounds good Smile
(13-12-2013, 10:14 PM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there is a ph3 DTurbo model (3dr only too AFAIK) using an HDi engine. But you get the GTi6 suspension and a few extras.

Correct Smile
Also the XS and XSI have GTI suspension.

All 306 suspension is directly interchangeable but as said above, make sure the spring rates are the same. The GTi engine is ever so slightly heavier so you may find it sits a tiny bit higher than a GTi.
(13-12-2013, 11:13 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-12-2013, 10:14 PM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there is a ph3 DTurbo model (3dr only too AFAIK) using an HDi engine. But you get the GTi6 suspension and a few extras.

Correct Smile
Also the XS and XSI have GTI suspension.

All 306 suspension is directly interchangeable but as said above, make sure the spring rates are the same. The GTi engine is ever so slightly heavier so you may find it sits a tiny bit higher than a GTi.

This is more of what I was trying to say spring rating. I kind of know they will fit just didn't want it being stupid low. They are 60mm so will this be more like 50mm?
correct 60mm gti springs will sit a little higher on a hdi than they would on a gti due to the lighter engine