306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What polish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Mrs is getting me a Kestrel DAS6 Dual Action Polisher for christmas, i am just after recomendations as to whats the best polish to use, my car has quite a few light swirl marks.

Cheers Fellas Titch
I've got the same mate its a good tool

I use a combination of scholl and menzerna polishes for mine with chemical guys hex logic pads just need the right combo of pad and polish grade

Have a look on cleanyourcar.com forums they're a good help
what colour is your car?

meguiars is always good but if you have a black car then the auto glym ultra deep shine is very under rated. done right its really good
Menzerna, poorboys ssr's etc are good enough.

Have a look at this site aswell: blok51.com, good enough prices on most stuff.
I use 3 grades of Menzerna with Menzerna pads.
(11-12-2013, 11:14 PM)hucky Wrote: [ -> ]what colour is your car?

meguiars is always good but if you have a black car then the auto glym ultra deep shine is very under rated. done right its really good

Cheers for the replies fellas, it is china blue
I'd look at 3Ms perfect-it / finesse-it ranges choose a grade that suits the level of paint rectification required, it's a professional product that is better then most of the commercial grade Megs, Poorboys, AG, etc, plus if you get it from a motor factor there's a fair chance you'll get it at trade price which makes it excellent value, because 1 litre usually comes out at around the same as 500ml of popular commercial brands, regardless of which compound you use I'd recommend a Colinite wax as the LSP (last stage product) wax's from Blit-amber, and Finish Kare are worth considering, Do-Do juice special hard wax's are good but can be tricky to apply, the wax's I've mentioned offer fantastic shine, beading and longevity while been much easier to use. Log onto detailing world.com for lots of advice and product information.