306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: double din head units
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone done a double din install??

im 80% ready to fit my car pc. have everything but the screen sorted now. dont want a motorised flip out one, so just curious to know what people have done double din wise on here?
Get the dremel out. Tongue
I've seen a few 7" flip-up single-din screens fitted in 306 dashes, if that helps.

Never seen a double-din though.
not really a fan of the flip up ones. in my opinion they look tacky (not trying to slag them off, i just prefer it to sit a little better)

and dremel is what im thinking dean although i had an super idea last night about using a sunvisor set of screens and just changing the internals for a vga touch screen compatable one
Fair. I remember reading about double dins in 306s a long time ago on TalkAudio.

The consensus at the time seemed to be that it was too difficult due to the heater controls.

However, it would be amazing if you did it, and if there's any way I can help then let me know.

I'd love a 306 car-puter too!
just borrowing these images of 306.net but have come accross some

first one i believe will suffer from sun to much

[Image: cimg2316ag9.jpg]

this one would look alot better i thing with a bigger screen or something going on around it.

[Image: 7862d1104787916-peugeot-306-7-5in-widesc...ll-lcd.jpg]

[Image: 9314d1108652041-pug-306-dash-fabricated-...c00075.jpg]