306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Drive Belt Length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could any of the resisdant HDI gurus tell me what length aux belt is required for a V plate 306 HDI. Its a non air con model...but has PAS with the pas pump up top...

Dont have a belt to measure to get rough idea...and internet seems full of different options...slightly un useral not to have AC i guess...

Also can anyone confirm, the spring loaded tensioner, is that the same across ALL 306 hdi's? Or does that differ also?

Cheers in advance.
doesnt it have the spring/damper tensioner AND a manual adjusted aswell?
6pk1173 is what you use when you've removed the AC from a HDi
Hm pretty sure its longer than that, ive just mocked up a bit of string to get rough idea, and seems around 1500mm but obviously thats very rough..
This is a 6pk 1173 fitted to a HDi

[attachment=11974]
Hm, the setup I have is different to that...this is a model from the factory without AC...it has a small roller idler at the bottom and a sprung / dampened tesioner like that at the top...
i think when people remove the ac they dont convert it to full Non ac with belt 1173
but the right belt is 1470 as it supose to double back around a second manual tensioner

[attachment=11975]
6pk1470 is the non-ac belt iirc, so 1470mm.

Ah Cully got there first lol.
Which makes sence with my rough measure of 1500.

THanks guys!
ThumbsUp
SO is T / G tensioners the same across all of them?
Oh yeah sorry, forgot that bit lol. As far as i've seen the top spring-loaded tensioner looks identical across the various models, the other one/two vary. Haven't exactly seen loads of non-ac models in scrap yards though, so could be different on some i guess.
Ive already replaced the little idler at the bottom, id say they just added that to stop belt vibration, im going to run a guess and hope the ecentic tensioner is the same, cant see any reason why they would change it so ill order up and see...
you could of course just bang the vin into servicebox to get the correct number, then cross reference :p

which tells me that it is indeed 5751 55 used on ac and non ac DW10 306's.

5750 XT is the belt part number, 6pk 1468