306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dent in rear door and quarter.Now with pics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My girlfriend was parked outside her mums over the weekend and one of the neighbors has reversed into the rear door and quarter panel,bending both quite nicely.She knocked on the door and informed her about the accident and said to get a quote and she would pay for it to be repaired.Cant see it being too cheap to pull a rear quarter dent,especially all round the wheel arch?
Too dark to take a pic now,get one tomorrow.
What do you reckon,will the insurers write it off for that sort of damage if she isn't happy with the size of the bill for a cash payment? May be a few quid at a bodyshop to get sorted.
Most probably be a write of though insurance, not sure what a body shop would quote to fix it maybe between 3-500 depending what the body shops are like. Hard to say tho with out pics Smile
Insurers will definitely write it off with a rear quarter dent. Not economically viable to fix on an old 306.

As Chris said, can't really estimate repair price without pics, but it will probably be more than the car's worth.
Would have thought the insurance company would write it off with that sort of damage although can't be 100% without photos and seeing it in person, the bodyshop I work @ would prob charge £150-£200 a panel depending on the damage to the door seal and the arch as if the strength of the panels have gone it will be a nightmare to repair it, anyway hope you get it sorted mate!! Don't need another 306 being scraped!! Lol
Yeah I will get get some quotes from some bodyshops,see what they are saying.Wouldn't be too bad if it was written off TBH,been playing up for ages and didn't cost a lot.Be some PH3 upgrades for my D Turbo aswell if we bought it back of them.Although it is kinda low mileage and FSH so maybe it is worth saving.
[Image: Photo0185.jpg]
[Image: Photo0186.jpg]
So there it is,quotes have been between £300 to £400,the woman has offered £200 cash or go to insurance.Not enough to cover the damage she caused so it looks like it will be written off.Shame really clean,low mileage motor,but i will try to but it back from the insurers and rob bits for my D Turbo.
You might get away with that not being a write off but the insurance wont go on just the value of the repair its having to give your missus a hire car for a week and extra admin over just paying out for the car.

Personally if you have the quotes in writing I'd try and get the woman up to £250 and take it then push the dent out as best as possible as its only shallow and get a replacement door off ebay.

I wouldn't be going through the insurance as your girlfriends insurance will go up even though she wasn't at fault as it shows she parks in areas where her car is likely to be hit by other people
Id agree try for a few more quid.

Get the body shop to repair the qtr panel and them source a door from eBay / a scrap yard
She has agreed to do £250 cash.I'll get a new door and see about pulling the dent out a bit myself.
Rather keep it really,better the devil you know and all that.
Cheers lads.
You'll probably be able to repair the door pretty easily if you're any good with a coupe of hammers. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose!
take the £250 get a new door on it and either push the dint out from the inside best you can or fill and paint it.
Done deal now.Accepted the £250 offer and will buy a new door and try and tart it up a bit.Better to spend the rest of the money on a new throttle body because its been running rough for a bit now.
Could have been worse,at least she knocked on the door to tell her and offered to pay and didn't do a runner.