306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: locking wheel nut help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm really at the end of my tether with this car. After a long agonising time just trying to get white alloys, finally I go to get them fitted today. And what happens? The locking wheel nut decides to bust all it's pins leaving the garage wanting to charge me £15 a pop to break them off. So what id like to know is does anyone have an original pug locking wheel nut key with the below pattern
[Image: IMAG0427_zpslniqn9g7.jpg]
No one will have the same key as you. Locking nuts would be pointless if that was the case!
Kinda thought that, but guy at garage said I'd be able to. I tried to say otherwise but as a woman obviously I was talking rubbish
mmm maltesers

side tracked
hammer a socket over the head then turn out as normal
or
buy some locking nut removers
Lol wondered what the maltesers was about. Got a mate gonna try it 2moro
Logically, it would be a logistical impossibility to stock an infinite amount of types of locking wheelnut. You'll find there will be circa 20 types of them on 306's, so the statistical chance of finding someone with the same key (only the key is numbered normally) is slim.

I had to take the same type off once on a breaker when the key snapped its pins. Tighten the other three bolts up a bit to relieve the tension slightly on the locker. Smash an 18mm 12 sided socket on and use a breaker bar to crack it off.
Weld a nut to it and undo it that way ?