306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bit of a strange one, after hitting dip in the road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of a stragne one, i was driving the car home from work the other night and hit a funny bit in the road, not a pot hole but more of just a dip in the road, with the drivers side wheel, there was a clunk.
And now it just doesn't feel right, its hard to explain going round a left hand bend the car feels fine if you go round a right hand bend the car feels unstable and as if the back end wants to kick out, and the car is pulling slightly to the right, and if i hold the steering wheel loosley and hit the accelerator it pulls to the right quite badly, and it generally feels a bit vauge and as if its wandering.
As soon as i got home i jacked the car up and had a quick look, checked the spring and that was all good and checked the drop link and they were fine, there was a bit of play in the ball joint so i chucked a new one on any way but it's still the same.

The wishbones are pretty new fitted about 6 months ago, and have powerflex p bushes and front bushes, and the car also has solid rear axle mounts fitted and upper and lower strut braces. The front shocks and springs and droplinks were all replaced about a year ago to.
The car has been fine until i hit the dip in the road and now has the symptoms described above. Going to check the track rod end next but any one else had anything similar or any suggestions on what else to check when i am under there.

Cheers Titch
Might've bent the wishbone which would make the tracking wrong. Or bent the wheel on that side, could easily check that by swapping the swapping the fronts over but you'd need some force to do that!

If it's neither of those, can only be the track rod or TRE left after everything else you've checked.
Cheers for the reply, i hope i have not bent the wisbone or wheel, will check anyway. It wasn't a very deep dip in the road it's hard to explain really it was more like a bit of dodgey camber in the road but it did make a clunk as the wheel went over it and then didn't drive right again after. Hopefully get it on the ramp tomorrow and have a better look.