306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Apologies in advance...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used the search facility and could not find a thread explaining/showing what to look at in a Bosch pump when you buy one to see if it's fecked and how to service a pump if it's fecked.

Can someone give me advice and pics or create a stickie so I can look at my pump (it was stored dry) and see if it's fecked or not :/
http://etc.gnarlodious.com/Vanagon/Bosch_Pump/-Rebuild

But most say just take the top off, and if its not rusty its ok. But i done that and it was clean as hell, then Darren fitted it and the vane pump was only partially working and it had to come off and be rebuilt!
Ah ha thanks tom, as you've guessed it's still in the box you sent unopened lol
Equally I've rebuilt one that was rusty inside (at owners risk) and it worked fine....
I suppose there is no real "if it looks like this it won't work". Just try to steer clear of any that have been stored dry or fit it at your own risk
(29-11-2013, 09:23 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]Equally I've rebuilt one that was rusty inside (at owners risk) and it worked fine....
I suppose there is no real "if it looks like this it won't work". Just try to steer clear of any that have been stored dry or fit it at your own risk

Thanks, it's sat in the hall lol
Well i'll be rebuilding one for myself soon so if that goes well you can be my first customer if you need it Wink
Mate the beer tokens are very scarce, i need to get the tokens to get it fitted along with t/belt, w/pump etc lol

I was looking for a guide to follow just in case mine needs doing Smile