306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Credit card help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just trying to get my head around the credit card costs and what not.

So it's come to that time of year we all love/hate, money is low and expenses are high even more so when the landlord takes half the years rent in one go. Sadly for many out there the student loans have dried up leaving us with very little.

Personally I have £130 in the bank to last until January and still many presents/food/bills to buy.
I do have a credit card which I've been using to boost my credit rating for when the time comes to get a mortgage and every month I have been paying off the full amount.
However I was wondering about the minimum payment option just until the loans come around again, my question is if I pay the minimum amount will I be charged interest? When does APR get added? since the loans don't come until January does that mean it'll be put on over the new year?
Yes if you pay the minimum you will pay interest unless your on a 0% apr card
130 quid to last nearly 2 months! how the hell is that going to last! id be looking at some xmas temp work. but then again, its getting those jobs, as the place I am working at, isn't taking on.
It probably won't, here's hoping for Christmas card dollar Big Grin
Normally I'm doing alright this time of year however having forked out for new tyres/radiators/rolling roads/tax and half a years rent up front has put me in a bad place. Maybe I could get my overdraft limit increased..
Would be a bit late for tempt work would it not?
(29-11-2013, 12:27 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]It probably won't, here's hoping for Christmas card dollar Big Grin
Normally I'm doing alright this time of year however having forked out for new tyres/radiators/rolling roads/tax and half a years rent up front has put me in a bad place. Maybe I could get my overdraft limit increased..
Would be a bit late for tempt work would it not?

not really, you can always try a pub or a supermarket.
as some places keep staff on till new year, while others get the boot at Xmas eve.
Yeah mate you'll have to pay the interest on everything. See how they work it out as it could be a 365th of the apr per day or a 12th of the apr per month. Try and spend money on it as late as possible and pay it off as early as possible as it should cut down on the intrest.

Also see if you can get a better card with a lower rate (Poodle is the expert on switching cards). My credit rating is atrocious and I'm still under 40% apr on my card.