306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Why did the previous owner remove the airfilter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The pervious of my car has removed the air filter I don't understand why, and what benefits for this are.

Could somebody help me I need to know which parts I would need to order to get the air filter back in place.. Is it just the housing and the actual filter?

Any advice will be much appreciated guys Smile
Lol, what an odd thing to do!! The benefit will be that it sounds cool I guess! Either that, or it had a cone filter that has fallen off somewhere.

The downside will be that it's sucking in all sorts of crap, so really not a good idea lol. Should just need the housing, filter and any piping that has also been removed.
I took the airfilter out my first corsa for cheap bwarrp. I sold it to another young lad still with no filter.
picture?
Ill post a pic up during the day tomorrow as it is a bit dark now lol, its sucking fuel like there is no tomorrow and sounds more like a chavs car than anything else lool..

Thanks for the advice guys
You might want to see what other 'mods' the previous did, removing the air box makes a aggressive sound, but not as aggressive as the contaminants eating your engine due to it.....
Could somebody tell me the part no for the air filter housing and the pipes?
Just get some plastic piping and an aftermarket filter will be much better
New from pug will be pricey. Standard setups are shit as its practically trailing in the puddles
Standard on the 1.6 isn't bad.....if you're getting that in a puddle you've probably got bigger problems lol. I wouldn't bother buying new though. Either go to scrap yard and get a standard setup or go for a cone filter.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-30...258205ad10

What do you guys think of this? after doing a lot of reading up I had my mind and heart set on K&N but they seem expensive (not convenient being considering student life is expensive already lol).
Just buy a cheap universal cone filter.. it's a 1.6, it's gonna make fack all difference
(26-11-2013, 11:34 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Just buy a cheap universal cone filter.. it's a 1.6, it's gonna make fack all difference

He speaks the truth. £8 universal filter, radge it on with some bog roll / duck tape, happy days.
Some CLOWN thought it'd be funny to do this to my MK4 Astra when I'd just got it!