306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clocks and heater control bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change the colour of my clock and heater control bulbs to blue so they match my gauges and stereo. I know that they have a yellow/orange filter but I wondered what bulbs people go for? I brought some blue bulbs off ebay which are just standard dash bulbs but blue. They call them fruit machine bulbs.

[Image: null_zps390496fe.jpg]

So I fitted them yesterday and they aren't very bright or very blue. They have come out more like green which is prob down to the filter.

[Image: null_zpsbe3f34eb.jpg]

As they are standard bulbs I wondered if there is a better option to use? Like LEDs and if so which 1s as there are so many on eBay and they all seem to vary in price. I would rather spend the bit extra so the end result is better
the orange filter fcuks the blue up . . red bulbs work really quite well though . .Smile
(20-11-2013, 08:09 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]the orange filter fcuks the blue up . . red bulbs work really quite well though . .Smile

I could go for red but I don't think it would look great with my blue gauges.

LEDs not worth going for?
cough green leds Wink

[attachment=11603]
Hi I Tryed changing my heater dial bulbs but once I took it apart there strange bulbs and the bulb didn't pull out the holder mine is a phase 3 306 hdi hope sombody could help with a fix cheers???
can you alter the filter?
Not sure but does anyone no weather you can change the bulbs
The phase 3 bulbs are one unit with the holder. If you get the older style holder, you can change the bulbs seperately....

As for the filter, you can change it to another coloured plastic one, I've seen sweet wrappers (from quality street) used before.
Plain a4 paper ftw! Works well
Cheers lads I'll go get my self some ph1 or 2 and I'll finally have some light rather than darkness haha
Anyone able to put up a guide to this?
Think cully put a guide up in the guides section mate
Done some ph 3 ones on jimbos car last week we unsoliderd the bulbs from the holders and re soilderd the new ones in a pain in arse but not to bad
(01-12-2013, 09:27 PM)mikey b Wrote: [ -> ]Done some ph 3 ones on jimbos car last week we unsoliderd the bulbs from the holders and re soilderd the new ones in a pain in arse but not to bad

Don't the bulbs just push in like the ph1/2 1s?

Sounds like a bit of a pain though
Red bulbs before and after.
[Image: 827BFD07-277B-4E95-9BF3-9A9DEE9C9264_zpsnbcjzzeh.jpg]
[Image: 7B33E483-1563-4D2B-B637-34D780445735_zps80dzcsne.jpg]
you were keen, still up at 1:00AM! ^^
He's only a young one so it's k for him lol