306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Chronic turbo failure..but not in a usual way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So some may remember the turbo broke in the sedan, I assumed it seized due to no signs of blowin oil or any noises.
I removed it this weekend, first inspection- seemed fine, turned free, no more usual play for a decent turbo, no in and out play either, wierd...so I gave it a shake and heard a rattling sound...

This is what happened

[Image: null_zpseb74f992.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsbf2c27fa.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsddbf60f4.jpg]

The exhaust wheel snapped clean off the shaft but not affecting the shaft what so ever!

Seems legit.
Cool story BRO. needs more dragons and shit....

But seriously, saw this and is genuinely hilarious! having an intact compressor side, with no shaft play!
Still can't get how it just shattered like that though...not as if there was any play to cause it to hit the housing either.
Thats pretty crazy bro. o.O
Chronic focus failure too by the looks of things!
I had a K14 do this. For the life of me couldn't work out why there was no boost just assumed it must have been blocked haha till eventually decided to take it off and did the same as you. Couldn't belive it didn't blow any oll or give any other signs of failure.
I bought 2 cars where the shaft split similar to that. Don't think the prvious owners changed the oil in time..... Sad
High egt's???