306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Any citroen 1.4i owners...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to sort the timing on a xsara 1.4i and cant find the flywheel locking hole for the life of me, anyone got amy ideas..? Cheers
Tried behind the starter motor? I think thats where they are on most PSA engines...
That'd have been my guess too^^
Starter motor is on the back of the block on this one, anything that's not obscured by the motor is just open to the flywheel...

There's 3 holes that could be it on the front of the block, one large and two small. There's nothing on the flywheel that matches up to the larger hole - can see it quite easily - and as far as i can tell it's the same with the smaller ones too. I tried keeping pressure on a 5mm allen key in both holes while turning the engine over and didn't get anywhere, turned it over 3 times for each hole just to make sure, but nothing.

WTAF?? :x
[Image: Untitled-11.png]

5+6 are the locking pins, looks like it should be on the flywheel to me
Farking legend, nice one mate cheers.
Some of the early flywheels just have an indent rather than a hole.
Sorted, got the missus to turn it over while i was looking for the hole, found the bugger eventually. Damn thing was exactly the same size as the allen key i was trying to find it with, slightly the wrong angle and it skated past, which at least explains why i couldn't work it out earlier. :roll:

Cheers for the help dudes, Connor you've got some rep reserved for when Scott and Foobs get their shizzle sorted.
Oh yeah, getting your missis to help find the hole....bet she does that alot... lol
Only if she doesn't want a surprise... ninja