306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Gti6 bottom pulley head scratcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have 2 306 gti6 I'm atempting too fix my current car us a 306 estate meridian running gti6 running gear taken head off as it was smoking
Suspected stem seals turns out guides valves and seals were knackerd loads off play
New valves/guides and seals are now in
Heads fitted come too set timeing and set bottom pulley pistons didn't seam too line up correct
Luckely I have 2 spare gti6 blocks tryed my pulley on it and same result then I tryed another spare pulley and all pistons were sat at the same level

Think I heard that the bottom pulley slips.I haven't spun the engine yet too check compression luckily
Also the top cam pulleys seam too have a little adjustment is there any chance off them slipping when running

My other gti6 has snapped the timing belt soo I'm gunna have too do the same process again but I will be selling it as I carnt keep 2 ill hopefully save a gti6 from the srcrappers
yes the bottom pulley outer slips around the rubber inner section and puts the timing hole off

if you look carfuly there is markers on the iner steal and the outer steal section that should line up on a good pulley.
if they dont bin the pulley as it will cause you a possible wrecked engine from wrong timing
the woodruff slot should be 70 degrees to the left of the timing pin hole.

pin the cams up first, then check the crank pulley, the crank's woodruff slot should point straight backwards parallel to the bottom line of the cylinder block.

[Image: 10711965983_914e7c7bca_z.jpg]
Thanks for the info Good job I haven't turned it over yet
I'm assuming this is why there are solid mounts for sale now
Am i correct in regards of the piston siting level with each other as been the correct position for setting the timing correct

[attachment=11522]
yup..