306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New and problems!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys I'm new to this site. Had a 306 1.9TD for almost 2 years and was great until the head gasket went, gutted!! Replaced with a W reg 1.9 standard diesel and having nothing but problems. Its a real pain to start from cold, releases a massive cloud of rich smelling smoke then runs really juddering for a good 10/15 mins. Then whilst under normal running it loses power going uphill. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong??? Many thanks. Tom
welcome along mate im sure one of the guys on here will know what the problem is
Welcome to the forum Hello
Welcome
Glow plugs or dodgy relay. Smile
(11-11-2013, 05:00 PM)underground375 Wrote: [ -> ]Glow plugs or dodgy relay. Smile

Thanks for your suggestion. I've been told that the glow plugs have only just been changed so I'm dubious about it but will investigate further thanks.
Welcome..as to your problems my bets with glow plugs worth trying new ones
(11-11-2013, 05:39 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome..as to your problems my bets with glow plugs worth trying new ones

Thanks. Think that's what I will try. And ideas from anyone inregards to the loss of power?
problem sounds like it doesnt have a turbo.
welcome
Welcome - have a petrol engine so cannot help really...