306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: XU10J4RS pushes out oil via oil filler cap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got an issue with my gti where it keeps pushing up oil through the oil filler cap and via the screws that fasten the valve cover.
This has been an issue as long as i've owned the car so it's nothing new.
As far as i can tell there are no clogs in the crank breathing system.

Is this something that anyone has experienced and perhaps even know a solution to?

(ph1 -97 GTI-6, K&N filter, race cat and 2,5" exhaust, otherwise standard engine)
Racoon filter? Tried luring it out with some food without any luck..
(10-11-2013, 11:21 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely should check your racoon filter for fluff...

lmao
As in when you take the cap off it splurges out?!

Or just build up in the lip around the cap and around the recesses for the bolts?
(11-11-2013, 11:55 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]As in when you take the cap off it splurges out?!

Or just build up in the lip around the cap and around the recesses for the bolts?

Builds up on the lip while running. Never tried opening the cap with the engine running.
Try taking off the one way/check valve (black round thing on the pipes off the rocker cover) - sounds like that might be jammed/blocked.
(13-11-2013, 01:50 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Try taking off the one way/check valve (black round thing on the pipes off the rocker cover) - sounds like that might be jammed/blocked.

Already checked unfortunately, no blockage there. Also had the rocker cover off and checked the oil mist trap (if that's what it is) without finding anything strange. Undecided
The problem was solved by a new oil filler cap a couple of months ago.. I love how I always think it's some really catastrophic issue but it's usually something silly like this time.
Thanks for posting your cure. Always nice to hear how people get these things fixed!
Seem to be a common fault on these now maybe the age of them now :-)
they're about £6 from a dealer too.