306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: is this any good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know its cheap but im getting a new back box because mines the size of darford tunnel, now i know its not going to last a life time but was thinking about putting it on after the mot with my new back box. should i or shouln'nt i?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330606101141? ... 1438.l2649
Sportex is generally pretty good, I've had my backbox on for over a year now with no problems, the fit was decent too unlike some other manufacturers
personally i wouldn't as theres no point driving a car asking to be pulled as i guess that would be very loud?
i think any straight through pipe would be load but dont know how load this is. i know powerflow do it and thats legal.
f*ck me I forgot all about this bud!! Let me drag it out of the shed on friday
My old saxo's centre pipe was deboxed as standard and it's effectively the same engine as yours, it wasn't too loud, nice rumble though
jonny, dont worrie mate, ive got aone coming and its a straight fit. thanks for the offer though.
These are pretty good for money mate. i had one on my old old old dt and it was spot on mate no complaints
this is what i wanted to here, its a sportex back box im getting aswell so shouldnt have a problem fitting. how easy are theses to fit? i know i need a new clip that holds the backbox to the center pipe ( if anyone has one ) but is it easy to fit the center pipe to the fanny mould?
Looks good mate! Would be good to see how much of a difference this makes!
not really looking to gain performance tbt as i dont really think i will see any, all needs replacing and dont want to put standered on.
thinking about it i had that pipe on back box on my 1.4 106 that was 5 years ago and my mate still has it on his gti now and its still in good conditon considering its mild!

easy as you like to fit mate. pop down your local garage and bung em a fiver for a couple clips
The only thing i would say is it may lose a bit of power as smaller engines need a bit of back pressure to gain mor epower.

I read this a while ago so someone tell me if im wrong?
mint. thats cool. only looking at keeping it on till i can aford a better one but you know what its like, it will still be on my car in years to come lol

jim lad, will let ya know jim, carnt be as bad as what it is now, the back box aint even connected to anything. lol
well i think they are pretty good and i have 1st hand experience with them
Haha ye that should be better! I have a cherrybomb midbox and have just heatwrapped the rest of my system! Sounds wayyy better now!
costing me about £180 for the lot which i think aint that bad from what people are saying.

bloddy hell, not heard the word CHERRY BOMB in years. my mate use to have one on his capri. and beleive me, thats going back some years.
i have decat demid box and a cherry bomb back box on my dt! sounds epic!
right, this has been ordered along with the sportex middle section without box. just hope it passes the mot.