306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Problems with my Xs already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all had the car for about two days now but ive got engine problems. It's a weird one, when I put my foot down there's no power on the lower rpm, and when it does decide to kick in i get a weird noise! Like the sound of a knackered tensioner. but it only happens under load. Another thing is there is a small miss fire which can be felt when accelerating and on idle.

I tried to pin point the noise but it doesn't do it if your just revving the crap out of it, but I did here something tin sounding coming from the throttle body after you knock the rev's off?
It's an na petrol.....there isn't any power low down, that's what revs are for! Big Grin
Try and get a video up, its a bit hard to determine from your description Smile
Like driving a 1.0L not good when you want to quickly turn into a corner.

I will get a video later see if it can be heard.
Well been looking along the engine and come across a exhaust leek coming from the manifold where it connects to the down pipe. Turns out the spring has rotted away leaving the bolt just sitting there.

[attachment=11340]
You enjoy replacing that! :p
Piss easy on that type of manifold. It's the harmonised '6 ones that are a pig!
I'm hoping the springs are the same on the Dt im breaking! That way it's just a simple swop over as I've got to get the decat pipe off anyway?
1.8's are easy to get to the spring, 2.0's are a Bitch.
Springs are the same Dan quick & easy job that.
Chris.
What I like to here Chris Wink