306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hi I'm new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I joined this forum as I have fallen in love with my 306 diesel after 3 years of driving with no problems at all. I love it but it has just come up with a problem of which the garage is trying to find the problem
Welcome along, whats the problem u have
Welcome
welcome
Welcome mate
(03-11-2013, 01:12 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome along, whats the problem u have

My abs kicks in when I brake ,even light brake. But I have no lights on dash. But garage says he found problem. On my driveshaft there is a crack on something which is making abs come in. He said he has to replace either the cv joint or the whole driveshaft. A quote of £225
OUCH!! I would do it myself for that kind of money :S

welcome ** btw
they just rip people off!!!!
(04-11-2013, 04:49 PM)Shaky1974 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 01:12 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome along, whats the problem u have

My abs kicks in when I brake ,even light brake. But I have no lights on dash. But garage says he found problem. On my driveshaft there is a crack on something which is making abs come in. He said he has to replace either the cv joint or the whole driveshaft. A quote of £225

I picked up a n/s driveshaft off eBay from j&r for less than £40! It takes tops 45/60mins to change a driveshaft!
Welcome btw Smile
(04-11-2013, 05:17 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2013, 04:49 PM)Shaky1974 Wrote: [ -> ]

I picked up a n/s driveshaft off eBay from j&r for less than £40! It takes tops 45/60mins to change a driveshaft!
Welcome btw Smile
thanks dazza hopefully it is that , it's in Friday to be done
Welcome...same happened me last year cracked the passenger side abs ring which meant the abs came on when i braked even gently..could possibly be that, have a look would be a cheaper fix
welcome and i would do it myself if i was you
Welcome along Smile
Thanks e-kell95 and pug-mike I hope it gets fixed ,it's in Friday I will keep you posted
Welcome
(06-11-2013, 06:29 PM)Shaky1974 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks e-kell95 and pug-mike I hope it gets fixed ,it's in Friday I will keep you posted

hopefully its all good mate