306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ebay:406 v6 brembos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wish I had the money!
Ouch, paid £80 for my last pair.
(02-11-2013, 07:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Ouch, paid £80 for my last pair.

Like the sound of that ill maybe keep an eye out.
I paid 120 for mine with tarox discs!!
Sold an old setof mine for £160

Sell it on the forums and people seem to pay a premium
They vary so much in price. I saw a set go on ebay for £50 that had been refurbished when i was looking for 4 pots.
Glad i got my Hispecs in the end though. Couldn't bloody stand the squeal!
I paid 200 posted with mine new disks pads and braided lines sold them for the 200

Honestly would never have them again
Why do people dislike/like these? Id love something with a bit more punch than a gti setup, and nicer looking as well. Any recommendations? Sorry to clog this thread lol
I dont get why you would need better than a gti setup?!

with decent pads n discs and 5.1 fluid, braided hoses, I would be surprised if you would be able to stop any quicker with heavy squeeky brembos
(03-11-2013, 07:13 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people dislike/like these? Id love something with a bit more punch than a gti setup, and nicer looking as well. Any recommendations? Sorry to clog this thread lol

Because they squeal horrendously unless you use Tarrox discs i think it is at £250 a set.
Ok ok guys dont shout at the newbie Wink
Yeah ive never drove with the gti setup, but what size are they, 268mm or something?

It seems my abs kicks in quite early with the hdi setup, going to change the rubber and see if there's any change then think about brakes. I like the look of the four pot brakes aswell, painted up theyd look the part.
No ones shouting at you bud!
Standard GTi setup is 283mm which is about the biggest you can get under 15" wheels. If you are on smaller brakes, id suggest upgrading to GTi ones first and see how you get on with them. They are very very good for a standard setup!
Haha im kidding bud!

Appreciate the info, flip I didnt know they were 283mm, thats probably more than enough, as with the old mg I upgraded to the rover 620ti calipers and zs v6 discs which were 282mm and they were brilliant!

I think my problem is bad tyres atm as the abs seems to kick very early if prompted, tried tyre pressure changes etc with no difference, says to me the brakes are doing their job I suppose and rubber would be the next worry.

Cheers for the advice, whats a typical price for say;

Braided flexis, gti calipers and m/c then either with or without discs
small brakes can bite too much to be honest
(03-11-2013, 07:52 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]Haha im kidding bud!

Appreciate the info, flip I didnt know they were 283mm, thats probably more than enough, as with the old mg I upgraded to the rover 620ti calipers and zs v6 discs which were 282mm and they were brilliant!

I think my problem is bad tyres atm as the abs seems to kick very early if prompted, tried tyre pressure changes etc with no difference, says to me the brakes are doing their job I suppose and rubber would be the next worry.

Cheers for the advice, whats a typical price for say;

Braided flexis, gti calipers and m/c then either with or without discs

What tyres have you got? Since i fitted my michelwins, the ABS has really backed off because of the extra grip.
(03-11-2013, 07:13 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people dislike/like these? Id love something with a bit more punch than a gti setup, and nicer looking as well. Any recommendations? Sorry to clog this thread lol
They look awesome under wheels with a big gap between the spokes and you get to say you own brembos. They are better than the GTi6 brakes but not by a huge amount and the squeal is like a pig being raped. The 302mm brakes off the newer pugs are better than the brembos but don't fit under 15" wheels and are stupidly heavy.

(03-11-2013, 07:22 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Because they squeal horrendously unless you use Tarrox discs i think it is at £250 a set.
They still squeal on the Tarox discs which I nearly cried at when mine still squealed after shelling out £200+.

As Piggy says the standard GTi6 brakes are VERY good for what they are and with new pads, braided lines and decent fluid really haul up a 306 quickly. Past that any gains aren't huge.
Itl probably be the gti setup ill go for eventually then, ive to sort engine mounts and reweld my exhaust before worrying about brakes, theyre firestone on the back and two odd on the front (kingstar and infinity, probably Chinese) so these are definately on the to do list.

I have kuhmo and pirelli 50 profiles off a friend that have loads of life in them so ill fit those soon!
It sounds like tyres should be a priority to be honest... and if they're Pirelli P6000s, they're terrible tyres too.
No but thats whats on the spare wheel..
I'll get the name of them, he wants £20 for the four as theyre taking room up in the garage, I remember seeing them and the tread being good, so ill read reviews on the brand before fitting them but theyre probably miles better than the current tyres, think I remember reading about teo different tread patterns being dangerous/risky so thatl be a factor as well I'm sure.
Perosnally i always try and spend as much as possible on tyres seeing as they are the only thing connecting you to the road! The PS3s were £102 a corner for my car but worth every penny as they give you so much confidence that if you ever needed to, you could turn quickly or brake quickly and you would be fine!
True and I hear this so much, and have all respect as with my motorbike I always had the best rubber involved.

I plan on fitting good/rated rubber come january when I get my loan in.

Being a pesky student sucks
(03-11-2013, 08:24 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]Being a pesky student sucks

Know that feel, want to replace the nankangs on mine with something that isn't made of plastic but money getting tight.
Aren't these pretty much the same as the Fiat Coupe Brembos (just different bolt spacing)? If so you just need to fit a set of anti squeal shims when you fit the pads. Simple and cheap and no more squealing after that.

Don't think I'd ever fit them to a 306 though unless it was purely for looks. They're pretty hard on discs.
As already said a decent '6 setup is more than enough on a toad going 306. I only got mine as my 6 calipers were in need of a refurb, discs have a nasty lip and the flexis are on their way too! Sad

Plus you can't beat the look of a nice set of 4 pots

And dum, I hope mine don't squeal too bad with the tarox's!