306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rear Beam Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the rear beam from a drum brake hatchback fit a disc brake car? Can the brakes be swapped over? Sorry I got the missus to post a question on this earlier as I was out. She called it "Brake Component Question" so I have posted again with a more appropriate title. Come on Poodle you must know the answer.
Beams are interchangeable, not sure on the discs to drums etc but you may aswell swap the beam! Depends what your looking for really, just disc brakes or lowered etc
Pretty sure the stub pins are different lengths. Easiest thing would be to strip disc beam to bare tube and rebuild with the drum parts.

Or you could swap the arms for the disc stuff if you really want to.
(02-11-2013, 09:34 AM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure the stub pins are different lengths. Easiest thing would be to strip disc beam to bare tube and rebuild with the drum parts.

Or you could swap the arms for the disc stuff if you really want to.

The car it is going on has discs. Would the whole drum beam bolt on as it is if I save the hoses and hand brake cable?
You could bolt the whole beam on using the drum cables, but it'd be pretty pointless making your brakes and suspension worse.... Confused
(02-11-2013, 11:53 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]You could bolt the whole beam on using the drum cables, but it'd be pretty pointless making your brakes and suspension worse.... Confused

It was for an old guy who had wrecked his rear beam.
Yes it totaly fine, my disc beam on my ph3 estate was wanked , so iv got a temp ph2 drum beam on it atm, you may have to jig the copper pipes about and remove the brake load valve if its a ph2 drum going onto a ph3
(02-11-2013, 06:25 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it totaly fine, my disc beam on my ph3 estate was wanked , so iv got a temp ph2 drum beam on it atm, you may have to jig the copper pipes about and remove the brake load valve if its a ph2 drum going onto a ph3

Thank you. I don't think brake performance is uppermost in the old fellas mind. More like "How much can I lug to the tip in 1 go!"