306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Not braking right, but no brake compensators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

So the car doesnt seem to be braking right in my opinion, too much braking power at the rear of the car (not since its been lowered either, only noticed it fairly recently although thats not to say that its not always been like it..) because when i brake, the car brakes 'level', i.e. not enough braking at the front.

However, I cant seem to find any brake compensators at the back.. how can I adjust this? Should I have compensators?? Its a 2001 3dr hdi Smile

Cheers!
its all done via abs unit.

perhaps service the front brakes?
As Piggy says, the phase 3's have electronic brake-force distribution (EBD).

Braking level isn't really an issue is it, as long as the rears aren't locking up it's fine...
The front calipers are new gti calipers and not so long ago put new pads and discs and fitting kit all round when I stripped it down for bearings/bushes etc. so if anything the front brakes are even better now but I'm still finding more wear on my rear pads than the front! And they don't lock up no.. But I've not tried hard braking in the wet and I bet that could be interesting :/
Silly question your handbrake isn't binding slightly if your getting a lot of wear on the rears? Just a thought
Does your brake pedal feel ok? Not soft or anything?
Well the handbrake doesn't seem to be :/ wheels spin freely when jacked up? And the brake pedal feels fine, can't complain about that at all!
Try taking out the abs fues / unplug the unit see if that helps. If it does that would kinda point to the fandangled Absess unit being at fault
Brilliant idea, I'll try that and see how it feels!