306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: handling feels dodgy at front end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
iv replaced shocks, springs, front arms, bushes, ball joints, track rod ends, drop links and the handling is still ropey to say the least feels like something is loose any ideas what i should be checking for its my first pug and being 17 yr old its needing a full refurd is there anything im missing ?
Arb bushes?

Top mounts shot?

Subframe straight?
tyre pressures too high ?
wheel alignment needs doing ??
wheel alignment. with all of what you have replaced if you haven't adjusted it itl be a mile out. i get it every day.
When you say it feels loose, can you describe when and exactly what happens? Is it all the time, does it change direction depending on whether you're accelerating or braking, does something "shift" part way through a corner, etc...?
If I’m reading your original post correctly you’ve replaced all the parts mentioned in order to cure pre-existing ‘ropey’ handling, because this as failed I think your looking at something more fundamental i.e.something that you haven’t replaced being bent or damaged in some way, of course it could be tyre pressures as someone mentioned so I’d check these first before spending any more money, then it’s a matter of going through it in a logical way, also don’t assume the rear is OK just because the issue seems to be at the front, sometimes a steering problem can be traced to problem at the rear, so include checking the beam mounts and general wear.
(28-10-2013, 11:17 AM)budd Wrote: [ -> ]also don’t assume the rear is OK just because the issue seems to be at the front, sometimes a steering problem can be traced to problem at the rear, so include checking the beam mounts and general wear.

^^^^^
Well said, What he said.
AS above...

Mine felt horrible at the front end, and under hard braking it felt like it wanted to veer off to one side and i checked all the front as that's where it felt like the problem was couldn't find anything wrong, it turned out to be the rear beam mounts, so replaced them with solid ones.