306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Project Geordie Blaze D-Turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after turning to the Dark side, going from petrol to derv I got myself a 206
(Don't hate I got it for a steal)
It was a 1.4 HDi.
Cheap as chips to run, went to London and back on a full tank and only cost £30 a year to tax.
However the diesel tuning got to me, managed to get it to 120bhp which is almost double stock power, but I was getting limited on the injectors, so I left it at that.

Sold the 206, bought a 306 Dturbo
Instantly I cloud see the potential due to not having to get around an ECU all the time, so was a win there.

After doing some research on the engines that come in these, had a look at the turbo and found out it was a T2 so was a win there, and was already Bosched for me.

The car was a right state when I got it home in the daylight, but I only paid £300 for the hole car, and that was with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax, couldn't complain really.

Had a quick glance underneath the car to see if there was any rust, and not one bit. Cleanest under body of a car I've seen.

Things to do!
  • Fix the dreadful idle FIXED
  • Frount Mounted Intercooler DONE
  • Disc rear beam DONE
  • Put some Dturbo calipers on for now DONE
  • GTi-6 Calipers, pads, discs and Master Cylinder Done
  • More boost DONE
  • New hockey sticks DONE
  • General tidy up.
  • TD04 Bought, just not put on yet, need some time off work lol

Wheel bearing failed on me, half way on my journey to Wolverhampton to pick a disc ream beam up from Chris.
Broke a 1/2" power bar and blew up 2 sockets trying to get the bloody hub nut off, had to revert to a heavy duty impact driver.

Bearing fell to bits straight away, new bearing is in. Just got to find the motivation to put things back together now.

Still need to bleed the brakes up yet due to changing the rear beam.

And yes I still need to get some pictures up Blush
Bargain! I just got me an estate for a little more with 6 months each. Do get some pics up! Black and white might be best tho :p joking I had a blaze myself, not greatly keen on colour but they can't all be Cherry and yellow can they.
Well, got the 6' Beam fitted, along with 6' calipers and discs, and M/C
Bled the full system only to find that one of my lines has rotten away at the back, so I need a new one.. The joys

On the other hand, pump has had a bit of a tweek, MBC is on its way along with some blue hosing to go with the intercooler setup.

[attachment=10984]

Random picture the other week.

Bernard8100

Nice job! Creating a highly productive, reliable and safe law enforcement cars requires staying up on the latest technology. Superb work. The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional. Like it.
this kid on drugs?
Impressed you got the 1.4 hdi to 120bhp, no one seems to really bother much with them

Nice that someone put on 106 callipers though, get it switched to gti6 quick Tongue
(21-10-2013, 02:06 PM)Bernard8100 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job! Creating a highly productive, reliable and safe law enforcement cars requires staying up on the latest technology. Superb work. The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional. Like it.

What the actual F*ck? I want some of the shit he's smoking..

(21-10-2013, 03:51 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Impressed you got the 1.4 hdi to 120bhp, no one seems to really bother much with them

Nice that someone put on 106 callipers though, get it switched to gti6 quick Tongue

The 6' calipers are on, and yeah the 206 I just got plain bored with hit the limit of what the injectors can take really.
Plus the seals were a PITA, blew more seals than I had hot dinners.
Have a chance of getting some Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 5 spoke wheels.. but not too sure yet.
Think they will go with the car? :\
Well, wheel bearing got changed.. Took an hour of heat to get the circlip off.
then the top of the bearing came out, left the rest there.
3.5 tonnes of force to get the bastard thing out.

[attachment=11122]

Some random pictures while at my garage. (New front to back brake lines)

FMIC:
[attachment=11123]

Random Side shot:
[attachment=11124]

6' Calipers, discs + pads fitted.:
[attachment=11125]
Yes I know i'm missing a wheel bolt, I lost it Tongue

6' Rear beam fitted:
[attachment=11126]

Engine bay shot (Not clean):
[attachment=11127]
Need to have a fiddle around with the intercooler setup, and also get some new pipes with swagged ends as its blowing boost hoses off at 1.6 bar :|
bay looks mean haha
Not really, doesn't have a FO sized turbo. lol

Update:
Inlet manifold has a slight leak, also the exhaust downpipe donut needs replaced.
Threads have been stripped in the original bolt holes where the TMIC bolts onto the inlet, que one tap, and see how it goes.
also been questioning on what blower to get next, but havn't came up trumps yet.
Don't fancy anything that has been done, but the turbo's i'm looking at are costly.
Right Update, not bad. Only 3 months later.

Bought Pellowes Subaru Seats out of the Meatwagon, and thought I may aswell have the rear bench.. And the battery.
Got the Passenger side seat in, but not the drivers yet. No pictures as of yet.

Clutch didn't last too long with 2 bar boost as i'm guessing it was the original clutch as there was no paperwork for the clutch ever being changed.

Got the gearbox off, after an immense struggle with the drivers side drive shaft not coming out. Block of wood and a 10lb hammer sharp sorted that out.
release bearing was, well lets say.. not the best.
Friction plate was actually missing a spring?! And was smooth as feck.

[attachment=13019]
[attachment=13020]

Putting everything back together, clutch arm pin didn't want to go back in, and when it did the plastic bush that sits under the arm decided it didn't want to be a bush and made a run for it inside the gearbox.
And then the clutch cable came off the pedal inside the car, what a PITA that is.

Next was to sort out the heating in the car. Bought a new matrix regardless, will come in as a spare as it seems as I didn't need it.

Got the Dashboard ripped out, and behold there were no flap things there that directs cold air in/out, or hot air. So the one that comes from the scuttle panel is getting blocked up so there will be just hot air.. I can just open a window in the summer.

Thermostat was fubared. Wouldn't open in boiling water, so went and ordered one, turns out it was a different one so it's just been gutted out for now.