306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hi from Xsara owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly I don’t own a 306, I own a Citroen Xsara I’ve registered here largely because the Xsara isn’t that well catered for online and I’m hoping the obvious links between the 306 and Xsara would lead to a certain amount of crossover info been available here, my Xsara is a ’02 VTS and it’s prepared for road rallying and trackdays, I’m looking forward to looking through the site Big Grin
Welcome along, there's plenty of information available for the Xsara VTS as it's essentially a 306 GTi-6 Smile It uses the same XU10J4RS engine, for which we have a lot of handy guides, so you hopefully you'll find what you need!
Welcome, get a thread up Big Grin
I'll posting some question soon I'll have quick read through first but here's a bit more info re the car/project

I bought my Xsasa as a means of continuing competing in Motorsport I’m a MSA license holder and have been involved in various forms of Motorsport over the yrs, however due to the growing costs involved I’ve had to sell my previous Impreza race car, I’d pretty much decided to have a sabbatical from motorsport and concentrate on riding my motorbike, but just be fore Xmas a friend ask me if I fancied having a bash at road rallying, I thought why not and we started looking for a suitable car more by luck than judgement we found a ’02 Xsara VTS on ebay starting price of £300 nobody else bothered to bid so we bought a ’02 VTS with a full MOT for the princely sum of £300, I’ll freely admit I knew very little about French cars ( although I now know quite a bit more )
The car indeed the whole project was always budget led, I scoured ebay / owners forums etc and over a couple of months fettled the tatty , worn Citroen into a road rally car, to date with competed in 4 events and the car has acquitted it’s self very well, Ok we lost a wheel in the first rally and retired but that was probably my fault for not checking the wheel bolts and can’t be blamed on the car, in the subsequent rallies we’ve made progress improving our finishing position each time.
Anyway as with any kind of competition you strive to improve your own and the cars performance, currently the car as been modified to cope with road rallies and as we want to get the most value from the project trackdays to, so far following a through overhaul /service cambelt, brakes, etc once I was happy it was basically sound I upgraded the brakes, suspension etc plus fitted a sump guard, harnesses, spot lights and also in the interests of weight saving I’ve removed some non essential items A/C , air bags etc as I said previously the car as done quite well and finish it’s last 3 events but now with some competitive miles under it’s belt I can see there’s room for improvement, so I’m hoping this forum can help me take the car ro the next stage of development, by making it more able to cope with both the rigours of rallying but also improve it’s on track performance.
Welcome
thanks for the warm welcome everyone Smile