306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Motivation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As above I've fallen out with the pug at the moment as there's so much to do! Please someone give me some motivation lol
Man up and get the f*ck on with it! Wink

Seriously, I have no idea about motivation though, been looking for some myself for ages! lol
Make a list, what's to be done?
I wont molest you for christmas if you get the car sorted before then
read my thread...

you'll see you got very little to do!
* Fit exhaust, Xantia manifold & FMIC
* Fix drivers side window
* Wire in ignition
* Fit front bumper
* Finish painting cyclones and fit
* Finish refurbishing GTI6 brakes and fit with MC and braided lines
* Finish I.C.E. instal
* Fit new cv boot to driveshaft
* Replace passenger side wishbone
* Paint and fit strut braces
* Buy new suspension and fit it
* Tune fuel pump
* Put headlights back together
* Paint slam panel
* Send parts for dipping

That's what I can think off at the moment but there's probably more! lol

(06-10-2013, 06:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I wont molest you for christmas if you get the car sorted before then

lmao!
(06-10-2013, 06:40 PM)MarkTD Wrote: [ -> ]* Fit exhaust, Xantia manifold & FMIC
* Fix drivers side window
* Wire in ignition
* Fit front bumper
* Finish painting cyclones and fit
* Finish refurbishing GTI6 brakes and fit with MC and braided lines
* Finish I.C.E. instal
* Fit new cv boot to driveshaft
* Replace passenger side wishbone
* Paint and fit strut braces
* Buy new suspension and fit it
* Tune fuel pump
* Put headlights back together
* Paint slam panel
* Send parts for dipping

That's what I can think off at the moment but there's probably more! lol

(06-10-2013, 06:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I wont molest you for christmas if you get the car sorted before then

lmao!

Tune pump?! Hope that means fit Bosch Wink
Remember that it is a marathon not a sprint. If I've learnt anything from my on going turbo project it's this.
alot of painting on that list... do that all at once that will kill almost half the list
(06-10-2013, 06:45 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that it is a marathon not a sprint. If I've learnt anything from my on going turbo project it's this.

Yeh your right, just want it ready to enjoy a few shows next year and get back to driving her again!

Chris - a Bosch May be on there soon and also a td04? My finances are better now so perhaps I buy shiny things! lol

(06-10-2013, 06:47 PM)adamm306 Wrote: [ -> ]alot of painting on that list... do that all at once that will kill almost half the list

Yeh, good this is most of it is same colour
thats not a bad list.

at end of august I made up 4 pages of printed a4 each full of to do's on the 2.1.

break it down into batches and you'll keep motivation
Yeah mini projects is defo the way forward, make a load of mini projects out of your one big problem and then prioritise them.

My 2.2 is broken down into sections each consisting of about 10-20 things so i have turbo project, beam project, box project, swirlflap/inlet project, bolting shit to the engine project and fitting engine to car project.

Also beer and somewhere warm and dry to work with music are such a morale boost so I'm loving my garage and its shit wind up radio.
Go look at new cars. Every time I get pissed off with old ones I go look at 25k diesel Golfs or A3s. Then I add up the cost of credit, insurance, depreciation, and remember how boring new cars are, then go back to liking my 306 Wink